Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really,really,really doesn't have a clue...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really,really,really doesn't have a clue...

please folks,this is an example of rudeness & stupidity,not a discussion about guns,please take those to Fratching or the mods'll beat me up

This weekend is End of Trail & while I was too broke busy to compete the Mrs & I did manage to go there today for a few hours & enjoy the shooting,sutlers (vendors) & seein' some old friends.

There were 500 registered shooters this year,these are not re-enactors,the guns are real & so is the ammo,they walk around carrying their guns,it's really kind of like what the movies would have us believe the Old West was like

The people there tend to be very open & friendly,it's usual to greet people if they sit down at one of the tables to eat,drink & rest in the shade (98F there today),whch is what I did when this geeky-lookin' fellow & who I assumed was his mother sat down.

He said a few things I don't remember,I answered in general terms,until he brought up some anti-gun propaganda...

Bein' the meek,mild-mannered person I am I calmly said to him "Horseshit (& some other stuff about his comment)....you picked the wrong goddam place to spout anti-gun bullshit" & in keeping with the spirit of the Ranch I got up & walked away.

C'mon folks,if you don't like something,why go to an event for that thing? I don't like X music,I certainly wouldn't go to a X music concert & start bad-mouthing it.I'm not a sports fan but I know you don't sit on the Cowboy's side & root for the Raiders.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

I find that people who do that are usually trying to change your mind. They honestly think that they are the first to have told you that there's an opposing viewpoint.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
    X