This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters to Our Friends

Was agonizing if to post this or not, not wanting it to be about me..so I came up with a compromise. Here we post letters to our friends..the things we sometimes forget to say..that should be said.

To my friends,
    I know I can be antisocial, socially awkward, stubborn, and self centered. I don't say hi to you near as much as I should, and we all know you deserve better then me as a friend. I just want you to know, you are loved. I don't say it, so you may not know, as I am the person who thinks actions speak louder then words. If you ever need anything, I will be there. I don't have much to offer, but what I have is yours. If it is a 3 am call, just to talk because you are sad..I'll be there.

Yours truly,
    A guy who, despite having a way with words, often doesn't know what to say.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Great post, Mytical.

Dear Friends:
    I hope you know how much each and every one of you means to me. My time management skills are awful so I don't always answer your e-mails, texts or phone calls right away, but I know you understand.

I suffer from depression and anxiety which, at times, can be crippling. A few of you can be judgmental though I know you don't mean to hurt my feelings. Still, just try to remember I'm doing my best to be a good person and work on my issues. Give me the space I need to do those things.

Be good to yourself, be good to others, and don't feed your inner troll.

Love,
    BTDT
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Dear Mytical: Thanks for being that friend at 3:00 am when I was sad. And Dear Marmalady: thanks for letting me pester him while he talks to you.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

To one particular friend,

Your a deviant mischevious little bugger. And if it comes to be needed, I'll never post you bail.

Cos I'll be sitting next to you plotting our escape.

(For the record - I consider this guy a brother, and we have a shared... ODD sense of humour )
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Dear Mytical: Thanks for being that friend at 3:00 am when I was sad. And Dear Marmalady: thanks for letting me pester him while he talks to you.
          You're welcome, Food Lady *hugs*

It's all part of being the great guy that he is... a man that didn't make time for friends who needed him, wouldn't be a man of mine for very long.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

To my friends in RL:
            I know I'm a flake. OH BROTHER do I know it. I try not to be. I've gotten... okay I haven't gotten any better. And yet... you put up with it.
            Thank you.
            All of you have your own problems, personality flaws, and stuff that just doesn't make sense. I do too. I like that we can all be in the same boat together. You aren't saints. This makes me feel less less-than-adequate.
            I want to be someone that can make you feel better. I enjoy making things you enjoy. I enjoy making stories together. I want to keep doing it as long as possible.
            I want all of you to be happy and healthy-- and, maybe, just maybe, help you on your way to the dreams you have.
            Now more than ever, we are all at pivoting points in our lives, and all of us can feel things moving. We're all nervous-- and I'm pretty sure none of us have said it in so many words.
            I love you guys.
            -C
            (edit: this may have been more for CS friends... but ... i felt the urge more for my rl ones. I'll have to print/email this to them )
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

To my friends,

First of all, thank you for putting up with me. I can be a huge pain in the butt sometimes. I know I get overly emotional about weird things and have strange reactions to stuff sometimes. Thank you for listening to me rant and rave about boring and asinine minutia. I love each and every one of you. You're family to me, since I don't have a 'real' family.

This is also for CS. I love and respect you guys so much, you have no idea. To know that there's hugs and good advice only a PM away is such a wonderful feeling. It's good to know that I have people so share the good and the bad with.

And for those that wonder: I quilt because it's therapy. I take the little broken pieces of fabric and make it into something beautiful. Kinda like my life.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
              X