This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from my recent Hong Kong trip

So, I had lots of photo projects come up that kept pushing my Hong Kong trip photos back further and further. I've gotten them out of the way, now, allow me to present, wanderings through HK with my D80 for 2 weeks (at least the first batch or so.)

...and a link to a panorama of Hong Kong Harbor at late afternoon:
    http://mikezauner.com/index.php?showimage=155

All of my photos with more information about the area taken in can be found at http://mikezauner.com as well. :-)
    Coworker: Distro of choice?
    Me: Gentoo.
    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Oh, it looks lovely! I like the clothes hangars they have for the apartments... I want some. What times did you take the 'empty street' pictures at?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      Oh, it looks lovely! I like the clothes hangars they have for the apartments... I want some. What times did you take the 'empty street' pictures at?
      The empty street photos were mainly about 5PM. Most of the buildings in the area were warehouse type places with low traffic overall, and most employees seem to get out at 6PM.

Comment

Gah. I need to look at the rest of your pics... but I must be in a more contemplative mood... wahiwannitnow... /bookmarks
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

AWESOME! Reference shots!

*Sits down with his sketchbook and starts scribbling*

I seriously needed some of these shots.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing....also...take me with next time, k?

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              AWESOME! Reference shots!

*Sits down with his sketchbook and starts scribbling*

I seriously needed some of these shots.
              As long as you share your end result, it's fine with me. I'll even give you full resolution shots off the camera if you so desire. :-P

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing....also...take me with next time, k?
              Sure. It'll be $1600 USD for the round trip plane ticket, plus $20,000 HKD for hotel stay, plus food, Octopus card, and taxi fares. :-P

Comment

Ooof, pricey, but those are some good shots.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Ooof, pricey, but those are some good shots.

Rapscallion
                  Lucky me, all but my replacement for my tripod that broke during week 1, and my fancy schmanzy new fountain pen were all paid for by my current employer, since it was a work trip. Granted, I had to front the bill initially, but I've been paid back for everything.

I went there for a huge new server buildout, and I can expect travel there somewhat regularly, at least once a year. There was LOTS I wanted to do but didn't get to, and some stuff I did get to do got fogged out, so photos were a no-go. Went up to Victoria peak, but by the time it took me to walk out of my hotel, when it was a bright, sunny day, walk to the train, get off the train and walk topside on HK island, fog had descended. I figured I'd go up anyways since the fog may be low-lying, leaving the sky scrapers showing from above, but I was wrong. I could see all of 10' in the fog.

Next time, I'll have amazing shots from Victoria. :-D

Comment

Working...
                  X