This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite memories of Plaidman

I think it might be therapeutic for those of us who knew him to post our favorite memories/things about him, or what we learned from him. A few from me:

--I would fall asleep in the middle of a phone/text conversation, only to be woken up by a beep or the phone ringing.
    --I sometimes post "gah!" when I am frustrated; I got that from him.
    --The way his voice would get high when we would have a playful argument about something.
    --How he would "take" me around town on the phone with him. If he was at a checkout he'd tell me to hold on; he didn't want to be sucky.
    --He lamented the fact, on my visitor page, that I had no messages on my visitor page. I was a member for a long time before I realized I had one, and was surprised to see that long after I'd met him.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Plaid and I were often adversarial in our back n forth on the forums, but I always took it as a friendly competition and I hope he did too. Many time I wanted to reach out to him and share many of the things we seemed to have in common, but I never got around to it.

That being said, I always enjoyed his posts. He was fun to argue with. He gave as good as he got.

Comment

- The way he made sure to send out birthday greetings to all the members. He really kept up on birthdays.

- The story he posted (I've been rereading them) about the balloons he got, and how his kitty Thelma snagged the strings and, strings in mouth, paraded up and down in front of the window, showing off "her" balloons.

Comment

Never had the honor of speaking to him in person or meeting him, but I'll miss how he just always seemed to know just what to say. The last time I was really freaking out and stressed, I saw a PM notification and as soon as I saw the subject "Meow!" I smiled. He just knew I needed it.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

One of my main memories is the series of PM's we swapped, with me helping hi with some minatures.

Being Reminded of that, I've decided to buy the set of Minatures that I know he was working on last, and either paint them up myself, or get someone to commission paint them, and then sell them on and donate all the money from them to the charities he supported, in his honour.

Just talked to the Commision painting guy, £108 plus the cost of models and shipping. Whip round anyone (i.e Donations? lol)
          Last edited by RayvenQ; 07-06-2011, 03:16 PM.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
          X