This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eireann View Post
    They're feeding her by hand, right now, and she's letting them. This surprises me; the vet (the main vet, not the one who's treating her now) said to me a few years ago, "She hates us."

I asked the vet how she is doing emotionally. "She is calm," he told me. "I am surprised at how brave she is."

I have to bring her in AGAIN on Monday for more blood tests. I wish I had a way of bringing in just a blood sample, rather than my kitty.
    When ElderlyCat is sick, she is well behaved at the vet. When she's really sick, she's so placid for the vet it worries us.

When she's just there for a checkup, they have to put her under anaesthesia for her safety and theirs. And that's AFTER I clip her nails at home.

Errr... my point is that I think Draggar is right. When she's sick, she knows something's wrong, and knows the vet staff are trying to help her.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I hated leaving Riley at the vet. It was so stessful (he's good now)

Sending you and kitty good thoughts
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Well, the last time she had to stay overnight at the vet's, she didn't know or care that they were trying to help. She was simply not happy. That's why the vet called me and suggested that I take her home, since she hated everyone there.

When I was at the office yesterday, the vet said, "She's a good cat."

I said, "She's a very good cat."

I have scratches on my hands and arms, but she doesn't bite. She doesn't hiss or growl. She just tries to get away, because she hates that place so much. It's hard to leave her there; this is the third time she's had to spend a couple of days at the clinic.

Comment

Working...
        X