This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird things.

I've noticed something odd, and am wondering if it is just me. It might be something else though.

What you need. 1 box of Cheez-it White Cheddar. Must be white cheddar, not original Cheez-it.

Either Hawaiian Punch Soda, or Hawaiian Punch Fruit Drink.

That is all you need. Eat some of the cheez-its and drink some of the Soda.

Every time I've done this, it has made me sick. The vomit was pink. I am just wondering if it is just this combination for me, or if there is some sort of odd chemical reaction between the two for everybody.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I'll take your word for it and NOT eat a possibly vomit inducing combo thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Anything you can eat separately should not make you sick if you eat them together.

OTOH, when my brother was a kid he once made a sandwich from liverwurst and blackberry jam. He said it was great...until about half an hour later...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can see the pink part - the cheezits are white (yes, I love that flavor) and the Hawaiin punch is red - red + white = pink.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I can eat the cheez its no problem, and drink Hawaiian Punch no problem. Every time I have combined them..I've gotten sick. I thought it coincidence the first few times, but it's been a few more times and it can not be coincidence.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Maybe it's too rough on your stomach? I can eat chicken, taco sauce, lettuce and a taco shell all seperately (like tortilla chips and sauce, chicken in a salad, etc) but as soon as I make a chicken taco I'm sick. Something about how your body tries to digest the combination maybe?
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Anything you can eat separately should not make you sick if you eat them together.
              Counterexample that I've heard of is the story behind the drug Antabuse (treatment for alcoholics wanting to quit - take it regularly, and if you "fall off the wagon" and have a drink, you'll puke it up almost immediately). Some people out camping collected wild mushrooms, and fried them up. Dinner was accompanied by beer. Much puking followed. The mushrooms themselves weren't poisonous, but contained a substance that didn't react well to alcohol.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

OTOH, when my brother was a kid he once made a sandwich from liverwurst and blackberry jam. He said it was great...until about half an hour later...
                Okay, screw eating that combo. Just reading about it made me throw up in my mouth a little.

The mushrooms you are talking about are probably the type of ink cap called Tippler's Bane. Harmless when eaten unless you consume them with booze. They won't kill you, but you'll think you're dying. They actually used them back in the bad old days to put people off a drinking habit.

Comment

"Doctor, whenever I hold my arm like this, it hurts. What should I do?"

"Don't hold your arm like that."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Ew. Reminds me when my dad forced me and my sister to eat tapioca pudding mixed with grape jelly. My sister threw up. I wanted to. Fucking NASTY.
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      The mushrooms you are talking about are probably the type of ink cap called Tippler's Bane. Harmless when eaten unless you consume them with booze. They won't kill you, but you'll think you're dying. They actually used them back in the bad old days to put people off a drinking habit.
                      The substance is coprine; most of the inky cap mushrooms have it.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                        Ew. Reminds me when my dad forced me and my sister to eat tapioca pudding mixed with grape jelly. .
                        I love grape jelly, but tapioca pudding was one of the Banes of My Childhood, along with rice pudding, lima beans, muenster cheese, and London Broil, all things I hated that I was forced to eat. (Unlike grapefruit, which I hated but was never forced to eat, and avocados and olives, which I hate but never tried until I was an adult.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

I hate runny eggs and raw tomatoes.

Guess who got forced to eat those things as a child? D: I don't get making your kids eat things that make them wanna throw up, they hate it so much.

I don't mind tapioca pudding on its own...or grape jelly on its own...but combined? Blech.
                          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

My dad's Chicken Noodle Surprise - the surprise was the sultanas!
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

runny eggs are the BOMB. <3 so so much, and raw toms? :NOM: I have both on a weekly basis.
                              Bananas and I have some issues, but it's because they make me bloat, and I have texture issues with them, and pbnj-- together. Apart, I eat on bread. Plaster the two pieces of bread together-- nope! Bell peppers make me ... uh... not pleasant company in a few hours, and have nasty urps.
                              EDIT: wait, sultanas?

to make fruit work in savory dishes, you have to be careful!
                              EDIT: my mom only made me finish food the first time, after that, she tried not to serve it again.
                              Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 07-24-2011, 07:21 AM.
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                              X