This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafters/Suiters!

I am not a crafty person for the most part, and cannot sew for the life of me, but I'd really like to go as Harley Quinn for Halloween this year, and I'd like a costume that fits right, isn't a made in China cookie cutter cut-out, and/or one of those adult/sexy versions of the original, since really, Harley is good enough on her own without turning her into a whore.

What I need though, is a seamstress who is confident with working with spandex/spandex like material. Right now I'm in to way able to buy your time or anything, but I do want to start looking into pricing and in turn what you'd need from me.

Quoth Dasota View Post
    Harley is good enough on her own without turning her into a whore.
    um you apparently haven't seen what they've done to Harley recently, in her new costume redesign......

Yes that's the new harley quinn, sorry take it up with DC Comics, she is what she is.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Ahh the good old Arkham Asylum version of Harley. She looks like a freaky cheerleader!
      I personally don't do costumes, but I'm wishing you good luck!
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        um you apparently haven't seen what they've done to Harley recently, in her new costume redesign......

Yes that's the new harley quinn, sorry take it up with DC Comics, she is what she is.
        I've seen the Arkham redesign, unfortunately I'd have to lose more weight than I'd be comfortable with to pull off the stick look. Also, I live in Buffalo, Halloween can be flipping cold and snowing on Halloween.

But thank you! I'll continue to poke around and do what I can, I just wanted to hit up friends and folks on here to support them first rather than a random person on the internet.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          Actually, that was just for Batman Arkham Asylum the game. It's changing again for the second game in the series, Arkham City, to be a little closer, but still not at her original costume.

Few times she wears a costume in the comics anymore, it's original. Mostly she just hangs out with Catwoman and Poison Ivy, leastways until August.

OT: Used to be able to sew, but couldn't do spandex even if I had kept it up. Mostly did curtains. Sorry.

Comment

I don't sew and I won't speak for my mom (although she doesn't really work with spandex either...) but my mom used to work for a mascot creator. Guy's name is Dale Morton, and he's gotten into making a few superhero costumes since starting the convention circuit. He's got a website: http://dalemortonstudio.com/default.aspx . You might get in contact with him. Either he might be able to do something for you, or send you to somebody who'd be able to help you more.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
            X