Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got the whelping area set up today and Ouija is getting herself comfortable. We still have some work to do but for now it's a good setup for her. We still need to get the cot in there for my wife to sleep on.

Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My wife took Ouija's temeprature last night and it was low but we don't know if it was a drop or if her normal temp is low. So we could have puppies tonight or tomorrow.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'm curious about your pups. I know you said the momma is from show lines, do you show/compete/work your dogs and all that? If so, which do you do?

I can't wait to see the pictures!
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

The mom is working lines, the dad is show lines. The mom has many obedience titles but I think that's about it.

The dad is also an active service dog, has all his rally titles, is a AKC, UKC, IKC champion (even won BOO at the Eukanuba championship a few years ago). We've also done schutzhund with him, he's a lover but loves to chase toys.

We expect the puppies to be very intelligent, medium drive, and very sweet.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Puppy cam is set up all we now are puppies.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/casa-del-mango
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

PUPPIES!!

9:48PM - Female
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I just got up - right now the count is 6 boys and 2 girls.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Mazel tov!

So was there any consensus on names?
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I don't any names. My wife was supposed to have some friends help her last night but they all left after I went to bed.

I'm at work now, we epxet one mre puppy to come out.

Edit: Ouija just had an x-ray done, no more puppies so 8 is the final count, 6 boys and 2 girls.
                    Last edited by draggar; 08-18-2011, 02:51 PM.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Puppy cam is up for a little bit.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/casa-del-mango/
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Dawww, sooo cute!
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Shhhh, everybody's sleeeeping.

Oh, wait, no...dinnertime.
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-18-2011, 11:28 PM.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yep, dinner time as well as weighing time.

Check out the first post for a chart of their weights.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Yeah!!! Puppy cam is back. It's now bookmarked. Super cute puppies. Congrats to mom.
                              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Puppies looked well this morning so we're past the critical first 24 hours (and we're hafway though the first critical 48 hours).

They all lost weight (well, none gained weight) in the first 24 hours which is common.

At first we were concerned, Ouija (mom) didn't seem too interested in the puppies in the beginning and we thought we might have an apathetic mother but after a few were born her motherly instinct kicked in and she'sbeing a very good mom, very attentive (not as much as Kiri, though).
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X