X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain America

No spoilers, read in safety.

Went to see Captain America this afternoon. Saw it in 3 D.

Great flick. Very good. Not as good as Ironman, as good as Thor.

They got the right guy to play Cap. I have to assume there's not going to be another Fantastic Four movie, though. Chris Evans really beefed up for the role. I don't know how they did him as the skinny kid he was before the super soldier serum, but it worked.

Hugo Weaver is awesome as the Red Skull. His makeup is really scary because he stlll is expressive. He really does do a good villain

There is a teaser after the end credits that is well worth waiting for.

Don't bother seeing this in 3D. There were about 4 or 5 effects during the whole film, and it was not worth the extra bucks to see them in 3 D. I only went to see it in 3D because I went with EE and the family, and that was the showtime she picked. There were more 3 D effects in the end credits than the movie, which were pretty much a waste.

Score was awesome, will have to add it to my collection
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Ack! What are you talking about it was awesome!!
    I had to restrain myself from squee'ing the entire time.
    (I hear they got a dude to do the body, and stuck his face on him.)
    Everything was awesome, they got the dude who played Buck Compton in Band of Brothers to do one of the dudes in Cap's squad...
    Hugo Weaving:

Weaving and Evans both kicked ass acting. I didn't know/had forgotten that Weaving had been cast as the Red Skull, so that was one of the times I had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from squeeing. But really, Weaving had the best acting in the film...
    Spoiler: looks like someone took a bad trip on the rainbow bridge!! O_O *so awesome*
    I was told there is no teaser!!!
    ... oh well! I'll just have to see it again!
    EDIT: they got a lot of period details right, a few wrong... and at the end... kinda spoilerish, but worth noting that radio broadcasting wasn't recorded until like the 1960's/wasn't replayed-- if I remember my history correctly...
    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 07-23-2011, 01:40 AM.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I have yet to see Captain America, but Hugo Weaving also did the voice for Megatron in all the Transformers movies. He does pull off a very convincing Megatron, especially coming from a G1 Fan. I have always liked him as an actor...I guess he is not worried abut being typecast as a villain.
      Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

The man looks like a creeper in candid/obviously not for the cameras pictures.
        However...
        I'd still ask for his autograph, and just because someone looks like a creeper doesn't mean they are a creeper.
        And yes, yes he did do a good Megs.
        Oh, okay Panacea, you did say it was a great film. I am mollified.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm angry at my local theater....

1 5pm showing in 3d

2 showings in 2d...

8 showings of harry potter both 3d and 2d...

I agree with a friend...it should of been released on 4th of july weekend....NOT the weekend after harry potter!
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

o__o eight Harry Potter?? ... at least they aren't showing Twilight?

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              o__o eight Harry Potter?? ... at least they aren't showing Twilight?
              Mush yo howf! The bogs will hear and change reality so that the 'semi-lightness' descends!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Mush yo howf! The bogs will hear and change reality so that the 'semi-lightness' descends!

.___. *hide me*

Comment

The man looks like a creeper in candid/obviously not for the cameras pictures.
                  However...
                  I'd still ask for his autograph, and just because someone looks like a creeper doesn't mean they are a creeper.
                  And yes, yes he did do a good Megs.
                  Oh, okay Panacea, you did say it was a great film. I am mollified.
                  No worries!

Yeah, I would definately like his autograph. He did play a good guy in LOTR (great pick of Elrond btw), so I'm sure he can do a good guy just fine. But he sure is good at playing the bad guy.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Clearly, I can never see Red Skull properly, as Hugo Weaving will forever and always be Tick in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Imogene View Post
                      Clearly, I can never see Red Skull properly, as Hugo Weaving will forever and always be Tick in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
                      that made my face hurt, Im.

Comment

that made my face hurt, Im.
                        *bows*
                        CA: "Red, why are you wearing that ridiculous thong get up?"
                        -alternately-
                        "Get him, he's emforcing the homosexual agenda!"
                        Remember the time period Captain A is set... I have nothing against GLBTO... (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans, Other)
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

ZOMGZOMGZOMG!!!! I just saw it and it was AWESOME!!!!!!1111!!!

:breathes:

Ok, I've NEVER been into Marvel or superheros or anything. But now between this and Iron Man, I've got to look up all of the Avengers and see all they're respective movies so I'm READY!

omigoshomigoshomigoshhavinganerdconniption
                          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

From what I remember about the effects for skinny Captain.
                            Its actually him. They got him all beefed up. Went "oh wait... skinny guy... damn"
                            They tried adding his head to another actor, but apparently he moves so uniquely it didn't work.

So its actually the same actor. They sculpted and 'erased' his body to show the scenery behind it (Apparently that was a nightmare, green screens etc) so he's acting as skinny steve aswell as Captain A.
                            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Working...
                            X