This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment Hearing

I had my unemployment hearing this morning. Hopefully it'll go my way & I can get all my unemployment money that I've earned. Had to set them straight with some of the statements that were made. Because some of those statements were out & out lies.
    & IF I have to, I can appeal the decision. I'm prepared to do that.
    Wish me luck!!

Good luck! I only tried to get unemployment once, when they terminated me a T-Mo over a bs reason. And the way they worded it, they said I violated a company policy and therefore my unemployment was denied. I had a 2 month old baby (in addition to the other 2 children), so I needed to find a job FAST, or I'd have appealed it.

*hugs*
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Good luck....frankly it just slays me that unemployment is ever denied when one is terminated...how do they expect you to live?
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Good luck. Have all you ducks in a row and all the documentation you can get your hands on. Also don't forget to have the taxes withheld. You don't want to know how many time I've had to say "You owe" because they didn't withhold taxes on unemployment.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When they tried to deny my unemployment, saying I had a verbal warning on file, all I had to reply with was "I signed nothing to say I understood I had a verbal warning." Counter intuitive, but it worked.

Good luck with your claim, Bright. Hopefully you won't need it for long.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            Good luck....frankly it just slays me that unemployment is ever denied when one is terminated...how do they expect you to live?
            To prevent abuse, which is rampant.

But yeah, it sucks. I ran into the same issue when I got laid off from a job. Like Kara, I had to find a job and fast. I tried to fight it anyway, and lost. Even though I was able to establish I was eligible, and due for two weeks I went without a job, they still denied me. I didn't have the money for a lawyer to appeal it for only two weeks pay. Not worth it.

Still pisses me off though.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
            X