This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doing something silly this weekend...

holding a yard sale to get rid of stuff around the house that I haven't used in YEARS!

here is a copy of the ad I have placed...one on craig's list and one in the local paper...

multi family yard sale!!! BIG fall cleaning event! Friday(8/5), Saturday(8/6) Sunday(8/7) ONLY!!!! 9AM - 6PM!

Clothes!
    baby crib!
    toys!
    Books!
    Movies!
    Baby clothes!

the ad in the paper starts tomorrow (thursday), whats the bets someone will come looking thursday?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I don't do sucker bets....

Have fun, stay hydrated, and if at 630pm sunday not all of it is gone - GOODWILL!!! I don't know how many yard sales my mother did and kept stuff that didn't sell, and tried to resell it again the next time.

oh yeah, and Good Luck!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Good luck, Sarlon!

Quoth Treasure View Post
      Have fun, stay hydrated, and if at 630pm sunday not all of it is gone - GOODWILL!!! I don't know how many yard sales my mother did and kept stuff that didn't sell, and tried to resell it again the next time.
      I'll echo this sentiment. All yard sales should end that way (or consignment shops, if you have them too, since you can make back some money that way too), rather than keeping the stuff around.

We're actually doing a yard sale in a couple weeks, once the new move-ins for the university have about wrapped up.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

this is the weekend that most college kids are starting to come back and high school starts this week or next. its also tax free weekend so there should be alot of shoppers out and about.

I'm hoping for a decent turn out.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Good luck.

I'm in the process of doing my semi annual clean-the-poop-out-of-the-house-and-fill-a-goodwill-truck thing. I spent all day today trying to clean and organize the sewing room. It's still not done, but it's looking a lot better.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

since like 3 people are in on this yard sale (myself and 2 others), we've color coded all the items so the person who is selling stuff gets the right amount of money.

purple for me
            green for my 2 friends with my "niece"
            and yellow for another friend whos getting ready to move back into a dorm room and wants to get rid of stuff.

I'm cleaning out my living room and having the yard sale in there so it can still be held with the rain they are predicting this weekend....never mind we've had 6 straight weeks of no rain...this ONE weekend we're getting rain all weekend!

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
              Oh, mine does that too! Heck, she's still got some of my childhood clothes in her yard sale stuff! Yep, people are just chomping at the bit for those forty-year-old toddler fashions...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X