This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder advice

First off, I'm aware this isn't a place for medical advice. That's not necessarily what I'm looking for. But I'll give you a rundown. No cliffnotes or TL;DR.
    At the end of March this year, I fucked up my shoulder pretty good and went on WCB for a week for a torn rotated cuff. It's been mildly bothering me since.
    On Tuesday, I started a new job in a manufacturing plant for drilling equipment. I passed the medical fine, even with the LPN knowing about my shoulder (I told her about it). I also told her that I wasn't on any medication for it, nor did I have any physical limitations.
    I've worked 2 days on the floor, and my shoulder is already giving me immense amounts of pain from the contorting I have to do at times for the job.
    I was supposed to work today, but luckily there was an equipment failure in my department, so I didn't. But I go back to work Monday.
    I'm going to a doctor today to see about medication and/or physio or something to help with it, but how to I broach the subject with my employers? (I have 2: my employer, and the company that I work at as a subcontractor basically.

I'd say get doc opinion first. Then you find from there what the recovery/fix project is. After that's been outlined, you need to decide if you want to give your employers "light duty" notes. Or notes to change your job/tweak enough to accommodate you. Is is possible that this is a temporary change in abilities? Is this permanent? Are your movements limited?
    All those will run through your boss' minds. Have the doctor specifically outline limitations and some kind of vague date. "Towel is expected to have full movement after PT." Doesn't say WHEN per se, it's kind of hinting that you'll need this PT to get through and be better.

Now, can you ask the doc if "I do this work, and do these movements. They are required. Can I do something at home to relieve this, or while at work to offset the pain?" That might help.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Well, I got some T3's for now, seem to be working pretty good and I have an MRI coming up soon.

Hopefully after that, physio if needed, and whatever else needed to get it back up to it's previous strength.

Comment

Working...
      X