Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been hitting both work and home gym. Not so concern right now with losing weight...just staying active...out hike is in just a few weeks!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Ugh, just come home from gym.. couldn't even get as far as the new core strength exercises I have. Seems someone's run off with my energy & left me with weak wobbly legs today.
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Bad news: I've been struggling with my cardio & haven't dared try my new exercises since I last posted, but slowly feeling more energetic.

Good news: I lost 3 pounds this week eating low carb, and I have barely been hungry!
        Last week I was following a standard gluten free low fat weight loss plan, and was hungry all week to the point of getting shakes from blood sugar dropping. Looks like cutting the carbs is doing me some good
        Arp happens!

Comment

Was intending a session Saturday, but slobbed out in front of the computer instead. Sunday had a raging sinus attack that left me feeling nauseous at one point.

Today, I blasted the twenty-five minutes.

Rapscallion

Comment

Twenty-five again, but this time on tension setting four. Yup, I'm really a sweatysaurus now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Only twenty. Heed the warning signs, such as the CD player running out of tracks.

Rapscallion

Comment

Full twenty-five on tension setting four. Heat has started to die down.

Means I don't die on that beast of doom.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well I was sort of pleased when I got on the scales, 6 pounds off this week

Not done much on the gym from the last few days, been a bit knackered with the 3 hour feeds & medicine for the little furball invalid.
                  Arp happens!

Comment

Not sure if I can comment here since I'm not exercising...just being forced to diet.

My mother decided back around the end of July that I'm too fat for her liking and has forced me to diet with her. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't get yelled at every single time I put something in my mouth. I've been bitched at for putting sugar in my coffee, been told I'll never lose weight if I don't quit eating (said after I ate some grapes), that I'll get diabetes and my arms will fall off and I'll die, and I am asked on a weekly basis if my pants are getting looser, and then I get yelled at again if I say I don't know.

Basically this has just taught me to eat what I want when my mother is not home or when she's asleep. No clue if I'm losing weight. I want to, but I think I want to stuff my face just to spite her.

I know weight loss does not exactly mean getting in shape, but forced or not, I'm on the road to losing at least a couple pounds.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                      Not sure if I can comment here since I'm not exercising...just being forced to diet.

My mother decided back around the end of July that I'm too fat for her liking and has forced me to diet with her. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't get yelled at every single time I put something in my mouth. I've been bitched at for putting sugar in my coffee, been told I'll never lose weight if I don't quit eating (said after I ate some grapes), that I'll get diabetes and my arms will fall off and I'll die, and I am asked on a weekly basis if my pants are getting looser, and then I get yelled at again if I say I don't know.

Basically this has just taught me to eat what I want when my mother is not home or when she's asleep. No clue if I'm losing weight. I want to, but I think I want to stuff my face just to spite her.

I know weight loss does not exactly mean getting in shape, but forced or not, I'm on the road to losing at least a couple pounds.
                      That's too bad she's doing that. Why do people still think shame works? If shame worked, there'd be no fat people at all.

On another note, I'm working to get my weight into acceptable levels to join the Air Guard. I like the elliptical, but after a while it really kills my feet! like, they start feeling all pins-and-needles.
                      "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Are you using the elliptical at home or gym?

If home, try it in bare feet

I was getting that problem a lot along with other pains until I got hold of some vibram fivefingers (much cheaper in the US than this side of the pond ) I've noticed a marked improvement on treadmill, elliptical & bike since.

ShadowBall: You have my sympathies, I've had too many people try that on me
                        You're quite welcome to show her my meal plans that I'm losing weight on (modified Atkins) to see if there's the very remote possibility she may stop nagging as much?
                        Arp happens!

Comment

Another twenty-five minutes down the pan. Slightly easier as there's a breeze (windows open) and it really helps dissipate the heat.

Rapscallion

Comment

@Cazzi, thanks very much for the offer, but I don't think anything would sway my mother because she thinks she's right about everything. I mean if she thinks I'm going to get fatter from eating grapes, I think she's beyond trying to reason with.

I know she doesn't have a lot of faith in Weight Watchers because her one co-worker has been kind of lazily on it for years and hasn't lost any weight (because she eats pizza for every single meal), and I personally tried Atkins once and could I could not eat (or afford to eat) nothing but meat.

I mean I am definitely eating less than before....less boredom eating. No clue if I've lost any weight since I have no scale. It's just I don't have any desire to exercise. My mother gave me her Thigh Master and some other obsolete thing that looks like a pogo stick and told me to use them to get rid of my saddlebags (speak for yourself, Mom - your thighs would make Chin-Li jealous). I did play with the Thigh Master for a bit, but I hated that the next day I was often too sore to do as many reps and the number I could handle just kept going down because I got more and more achy. I didn't even use it for my legs...I used it on my arms and felt a burn for sure, to the point where I usually had to go pop a few aspirin afterward because I felt like I'd been punched...it's just bad when this unbearable burn came from 10 minutes of squeezing this device and carried over well into the following day.

Maybe I'll give it another try when I feel better. Right now I have a cold or the flu or something and I feel like shit. I don't even want to get out of bed sometimes.

Comment

Been getting back in the swing of things. I had gained back all of the weight I lost before, but I've lost 15 lbs since the beginning of August. I'm tracking calories on an iPhone app and exercising daily. Got in an hour's worth of exercise today indoors (I usually walk). Did mostly martial arts training for today's workout.
                              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Walked my 3 miles yesterday. Walked 4 today.
                                The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X