This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview-Monday, Wish me luck!

I won't go into a lot of details here, but I lost my job last week. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Anyways, I have an interview for a seasonal job at a department store on Monday. It's an early morning receiving position which should be interesting. At least I wouldn't have to deal with customers too much. In any case, I'm really hoping it goes well. At least a seasonal paycheck is better than no paycheck. At the very least, it would give me some breathing room while I continued looking for something more permanent.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Sorry to hear about losing your job. Wishing you the best of luck on your interview!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Good Luck!
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thank you, both. I have an interview for another part-time job on Tuesday. Depending on the hours and if they like me I might be able to do both. Of course a bookworm at a bookstore is a very dangerous thing. I might not have much of a check left.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck with both!!! Let us know how they go.

Comment

Well, I had thought the department store interview went well but I got the we're not interested email from them. Oh well, I'd prefer something permanent anyways. The bookstore interview went very well though but it will probably be a week or two before I hear anything.

The good news is I have two more interviews later today. One is for a well known electronics retailer and the other is for the competition of the grocery store I used to work for. The good thing about the grocery store location is it's only about a mile from my house which means I could walk if I needed to. It also means I could go home for lunch if I wanted to.

The electronics job would be good too. I'd be working in the warehouse so I wouldn't be dealing with customers all that much. The exercise wouldn't hurt either. It's also not too far away.

Hopefully something will pan out soon.

Comment

Buona Fortuna!

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X