This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ghost Story Game *spoookkkyyyyy*

Take turns sharing stories of "ghostly" encounters. They can be serious, spooky, silly, whatever. You don't have to believe in ghosts. In fact, I'm a tad skeptical about the whole thing but I have a story to share and thought it would be fun to let others share too.

I'll start:

A week or so ago, I was working in back making food. I got something out of the steamer and put the plate back up top where it belonged. About 30ish seconds later, the plate FLEW out of the steamer and landed on the tiles with a crash. My coworker and I looked at each other, wide eyed, then broke out into a fit of giggles wondering what the hell just happened. We joked that it was a ghost. She then shared with me that that morning, a box of drink mix unhooked itself and the back door (ALWAYS locked) opened by itself and stayed open despite the fact that it swings shut. After she left and was replaced by CW2, more weird stuff happened. She went to get a cup and lid for nacho cheese and a second lid jumped at her. She put it back and it jumped of again, and again, and again until she threw it away. Then a third one jumped at her. She said a curse word and it stopped.

Next?
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Ok, the lids made me giggle.

I don't really believe in ghosts either, but I've had one or two creepy experiences before.

Way back when I was like, ten or so, my family lived in an old farmhouse. One night we had a friend over for a slumber party, and were hanging out in my bedroom on the side of the house with the driveway. My parents were downstairs chatting with some friends of theirs.

Suddenly my sister, my friend, and I heard a very loud, feline yowl right under our second-story window. It almost sounded like a big cat, like a mountain lion, rather than a housecat, despite the fact that our area was not known for big cats. Plus it was right under the window. We asked the adults downstairs about it but, of course, they'd heard nothing, so we spend part of the night huddled together in our walk-in closet before getting brave enough to go back out to our beds.

Another time, maybe four years later, that same sister and I were home watching our younger siblings while our parents were out doing something. It was broad daylight, which made this all the weirder. At one point we were playing and heard footsteps in the attic--which is only accessible by an extremely tiny, boarded-up opening in the ceiling of one of the bedroom closets, and isn't tall enough inside to admit an adult anyway, let alone one with heavy footsteps like we heard. Later we heard what sounded like a car in the gravel driveway, but there was no car to be seen anywhere, and later still, one sister and I shut our bedroom door only for the hook-latch on the outside of the door to lock itself despite the fact that it's pretty much impossible for that to happen, even if you slam the door. It was weird.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Oh I believe in ghosts.

When you have had a ghostly hand press itself on your bed-with your aunt in the room, next to you-; when your father has seen a vaguely human shape with big, yellow eyes press itself over him, and several times energy vampires place their "hands" over your heart and pull out your own energy, and it hurts, and you can't move, or scream, then yes, you believe in ghosts.

I can talk to spirits. Not full out conversations like I'm talking to thin air, but sometimes I hear voices, not my own, telling me things. An example is on Monday, when I "heard" a "Wake Up! *giggle*" just as loud as if someone had said it to me. Other times is guidance. If I want an answer to something, I usually hear a very clear "Yes" or "no." It's always in the top left towards the back corner or my head and if I "talk" with them too long, my head feels caught in a vise. I NEVER hear voices telling me to kill myself or to do strange, depraved things. If I hear "bad" things, It's my voice, not the voices of spirits, if that makes sense.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

There's a little girl ghost on the road by the cemetary near where my best friend grew up. The last confirmed sighting (That I know of, I can't find it online though) was between 2000-2002 by a pair of policemen who were on their way somewhere very early in the morning, before dawn, speeding with lights and sirens. She's on a small bike or tricycle and suddenly pedals her way out of some bushes by the side of the road, when it's too late to stop safely. Only when it's night and mostly when it's raining enough to make the road slippery. According to the local paper, the policemen slammed on their brakes and managed to stop in time. They got out of the car to help what they thought was a lost child and she vanished in front of them.

The cemetary is near an orphanage that is now an old folks home, and apparently had a bad history. There are two versions of a story about that place.
        1: The nuns never let the children leave, so all the people that now live there have been stuck there this entire time.
        2: All the kids grew up, left the orphanage and lived out their lives. Once they became old, they were all drawn back to that property because they were somehow bound to the place.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Wow... it would take too long to tell them all. Going to have to come back to this one.

Here's a quick one though.

My parents are diabetic, and before she got her blood sugar under such tight control, my mother would occasionally suffer from sugar lows. One hit her in the middle of the night once, and by the time she awoke, she was too weak to even scream. My father and I were still awake -- my dad in the living room and me in my room.

What sent us running to the bedroom was a rending crash that was caused, we saw, by a 40-50 pound antique mirror coming off the wall and traveling across the room to slam against the far wall of the bedroom. It managed to do this despite the fact that the sturdy bolt on which it was hung was still in the wall. It managed to do this without disturbing a single one of the dozens of perfume bottles arranged atop the dresser below the mirror and its twin. And while it was making its way across the room, just for good measure, it turned so that its glass was facing the wall it had come from.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I do impromptu "ghost hunts" once in a while. Nothing too major, basically just going out and taking pictures, but I've had a couple interesting things happen:

There's a cemetery in this town that's supposedly haunted by a woman whose family couldn't decide which of her 3 husbands to bury her next to. One day about 5 years ago I decided to kill some time by going there and taking some pictures just to see if anything came up. Once I started going through the pictures I found one with a face in it; not just "oh this kinda looks like a face" but I mean you could see eyeballs and shadows around the nose and stuff. Also at least one other picture I took in that same area gave me some kind of error when I tried to upload it to my computer.

Last year, another cemetery. People have seen the ghosts of some kids playing around a fence at the edge of this cemetery. In the cemetery is a single headstone marking 3 graves of siblings who dies within something like a month of each other back in the 1800's. The first time I went there I took a couple of film cameras, my old HP Photosmart 5MP digital, and a newer (but lower-quality) Vivitar digital. I set up the Vivitar to record video at the graves of the 3 children and went walking around taking random pics of the cemetery with another camera. When I looked back a few minutes later, the red recording light was no longer blinking. So I walked back over, set it to record again, and went back to taking pictures. Looked back again, and it had again stopped recording. I had plenty of battery power in that camera, and the 2 recordings were different lengths. I later tried to duplicate the issue but it didn't shut off on its own.

Haunted bridge. Went there to check it out and take some pictures with my BF at the time. I got some pictures with orbs, and a couple with some green trail-like anomalies. This bridge is a good 3 miles from any traffic lights and I saw no green lights while I was there. Not to mention in the 2 pics with the trails they're in different shapes/positions.

I have more but this'll do for now.
            You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Not so much spooky as a little heart-warming for us.

Our miniature poodle Dooney died two years ago at the end of a long, happy life. We have since gotten a new miniature poodle, Mocha.

But in the year between Dooney's death and the arrival of Mocha, Mom kept insisting that Dooney was "still with us" and mentioned she could hear the sigh he'd always make while settling down and watching the house go by.

Then one night while I was up late on the computer, what do I hear from his emptry crate? The same sighing sound.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I love the dog story! My sister saw the spirit of my grandparents' dog after he had passed on. He was standing outside looking at the house, turned and walked away. She followed him down the street, looked around the corner where he went, and he was nowhere to be seen.

We had a friend who passed away, and her sister said that one day not long after, several pieces of mail were flung off the table they were laying on. Not fell or just slipped off...they were flung way out onto the floor. There was no wind...no open window, no fan.

After my brother passed, one day all four burners on our kitchen stove starting sparking and making the ticking sound they make when you turn them on. It freaked us out so we had the ignition thingies replaced, even though the stove was only a couple years old & the repair guy said it was unusual to need to replace all four at the same time. That day I made a comment like "OK, Mark, if that was you, next time could you communicate with something that's not dangerous?" A little while later the speaker on the phone went on all by itself, blaring the dial tone (this was when I still had a landline).
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If any of you ghost hunter types are ever in my neck of the woods, here is a place I'd send you too for a good ghost hunt.

I've never been in there. It used to be a hang out for the local no-goodniks.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                  X