Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pens. I will admit that I have too many pens, but damn it -- I have a pen fetish! Any pen I believe is awesome, no matter how much or how little ink is in it, I WANT it!
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

"Too much" - Oh, socks, me too, I have lots and lots of 'em. I should probably goi through them and chuck the worn-out ones, which would make room for......more socks.

Also beads. It's really hard not to buy more beads.I could probably do a new project every week and not run out of beads for a year. At least.

Not enough...money. Books. "Alone time" - I love my sisters, but I need solitude now & then.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        My mom says I have too many books. I say there's no such thing.
        Move a few times

I have a friend who swears he will never help me move again, because of the books.

Come to think of it, last two times he didn't

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        I have to go with the popular answer here and say books. I got a Kindle but that didnt stop me from buying. And now that Borders is going out of business....well, the collection has grown.
        Went to Borders today and bought 3 books. At 50% off, I couldn't resist.

Got in the car and thought, "you know, I didn't need any of these books."

Still like having them though
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I am a person who does not like to have too much stuff. I am forever getting rid of it. So, I will say this: I have too much hair. Others say that's good, but they don't get whiplash from wetting it down in the shower. And, consequently, I have too many products, though I think that's more related to it being curly, which is a whole other problem. I get rid some of it from time to time via shortening the layers or using thinning shears. I am, despite the weight, intent on reaching tailbone length. Then I will really have too much hair.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I am watching Hoarding: Buried Alive and this episode has a teenage hoarder...she was just saying how she doesn't like to get rid of stuff. These shows make me feel a little better about myself.

Funny thing is her closet is empty - because she can't find stuff when it's in the closet. So she's got stuff all over the floor (she uses a board to make a bridge across the pile to get to her bed)...and no stuff where she should have stuff.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Too many books. I have to say it.

But I got NOTHING on my aunt, who has probably 2-3K books in this apartment. Not to mention that she HAS a Kindle, too!

Too many pairs of weird socks/stockings, I think some people have said. On the other hand, other people love my weird socks. So I'm gonna go with their opinion.

At the moment, too many Pepsi cans in my closet...
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                Okay I would have to say fabric. I don't have enough books.
                Also time.
                Oh, yeah, same here. On all three counts.

The other thing I have too much of is jewelry makings. Between the fabric and the jewelry, I figure I have about four years work before I see the bottom of either stash.

I should get back to work . . .

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  I am just hoarding so we can hide them and save them someday when the firemen come.
                  Are you referring to Fahrenheit 451? Ray Bradbury was one of my favorite authors in high school; I was reading Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles and Something Wicked This Way Comes when other girls were reading crap like Flowers In The Attic (the Twilight of the 1980s!). I need to reread those books again.

Speaking of books, that one thing I have too many of. Or not enough shelf space, I'm not sure which.

Definitely carrying too many pounds in the torso and legs.

Far too many gray hairs.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yep, he's my number one favorite author ever in the universe.

Do you know how Farenheit 451 got its title? Bradbury called a local fire department and asked at what temperature books burn. The fireman who answered told him, "451 degrees fahrenheit."
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Like bacon, there is no such thing as too many books.

My room back in Oz doubles as a library. That includes 2 bookshelves full, 4 boxes in the bottom of the wardrobe and 5 (i think) boxes under the bed. I probably have 500 in the house. I think I have a few boxes in the garage in packing wrap too.

Plus I have about 8 or 9 massive boxes at my grandmothers that I was given when a relative died. I haven't been through these yet, but my grandmother thinks there might be close to 700.

All that doesn't include the 15kgs worth of books I have purchased since I have been in the UK.

I need to get myself an ereader of some kind.
                      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Miniatures. That's what I get for being a pewter and plastic crack addict. I don't count anymore. I just measure by kilo.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                          Too many books. I have to say it.

But I got NOTHING on my aunt, who has probably 2-3K books in this apartment. Not to mention that she HAS a Kindle, too!
                          Double that amount and you might be somewhere close to the number of books we have... Never enough shelf space though
                          As soon as I start thinking
                          That I'm sensible and sane
                          The Random Hedgehog comes along
                          And fiddles with my Brain
                          (from card I got)

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention...i am a bag whore....But ive cut down...for the childrens sake.

Comment

Wow guys! sweet awesome amount of responses!
                              I too would say I have too many books, and yet... not enough... I have to move the damn things, I'll get a count on them, but a few thousand would not be remiss.
                              Too many clothes, because I counted shirts and I have about seventy. Most of which need to be gone, because I have a high-school/college wardrobe, not a wife-author-business wardrobe. (planning ahead, not actually married, an author, or in business. )
                              Nevar enuf blankets. I have like five comforters, three of which are for sets... and can probably die... And about ten smaller blankets.
                              Speaking of which, good uses for pillows that you can't use for sleeping any more? >_>
                              Amina, at least you have control!
                              Patiokitty... SO JELLIES. I want moar dices.
                              I have too much hair on my upper lip for a lady... and it's starting to turn darker... *dun dun DUNNNNN* o____o
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Hmmm - I would say too many books, but is there such a thing?

Yarn. I definitely have too much yarn at the moment. The equivalent of about 7-8 of the 18 gallon Rubbermaid containers.

Weight - *way* too much weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X