This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essay fail...

So I was working on my essay tonight which is comparing religion between Australia, Canada and the United States. Get to about 600 words out of a 1000 word essay and I realised that I've been calling Pentecostal "Pentecoastal" all night.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Isn't search and replace a wonderful invention? We need that function in real life .

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
      Isn't search and replace a wonderful invention? We need that function in real life .
      I just used spellcheck. The realisation I'd screwed up came from my dad

Comment

well, how much does Pentecostal actually come up in rl? I mean, it's not exactly Catholicism in terms of numbers...
        at least it was on a computer. Handwritten stuff's a little harder to fix. (yeh, I've done that in hand writing...)
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          well, how much does Pentecostal actually come up in rl? I mean, it's not exactly Catholicism in terms of numbers...
          at least it was on a computer. Handwritten stuff's a little harder to fix. (yeh, I've done that in hand writing...)
          Because I'd originally planned to show that in terms of religion, Pentecostal church groups are more evenly distributed across the US, while Baptist is almost exclusively south-eastern area and Catholicism seems to "hug" the Baptist region.

Comment

Ah! That makes sense. Charismatic churches in general tend to be more evenly spread, as well as non-denom, go fig.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              Ah! That makes sense. Charismatic churches in general tend to be more evenly spread, as well as non-denom, go fig.
              Yeah, I wound up cutting out that argument since Pentecostal churches aren't as common in Australia or Canada and stuck to Catholic and Protestant.

Comment

Charismatic/non-denoms are lumped in under Protestant, in my experience. Sometimes... sometimes they slide out of Christianity entirely, an extreme example would be Westboro Enclave. Fortunately, they are rare. Also, people tend not to know the difference amongst/which are labeled as Protestants, which I find odd. But I find lots of stuff odd.
                (please note, not taking it any further. Fratching no fratching. ._____. Informational purposes only.)

Comment

Working...
                X