This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Journey

When it should have taken an hour at most...

Yesterday I got home a lot earlier then I thought, and was thinking "Hey cool, I'll get a chance to talk to Marmalady." Just about time for her to get on, I get a call. My father, something happened to one of the vehicles..and he needs me to pick him up.

So I head there. Only by the time I arrive, no sign of him..or the car. Great, don't have a cell phone, no clue where he is or what happened. So..now to find a phone..since nowhere has a pay phone anymore. Most businesses won't let a person use a phone. Since it is an emergency, forty five minutes later I find a mom and pop store that will let me use the phone. Am told by my mother that he was at a car shop, so I head there. Found him, it's not serious. Apparently he had an argument with a stationary object, and lost. (He hit the concrete base of a light pole, accelerator apparently stuck).

We can't just come back home, however. He has to stop by his friends..so he can tell the story about how the accelerator stuck..ten stops.

I am glad he was ok, but this was all messed up. First he left where he said he would be, knowing that there was no way to contact me. Leaving me frantic about what happened. Then, instead of getting back home (I ended up beening on the road about 12 hours by this time, including traveling to an interview earlier that day, running errands, etc) we ran around everywhere.

If the above seems a jumbled mess, it is because I am still exhausted from yesterday.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I would have refused to take him to tell the story to friend. He can CALL friend to tell the story.

Comment

Working...
    X