Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new series to watch (again).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    Too late!

ETA: Also keep in mind not all the Doctor Who episodes are on DVD. I think there are some missing episodes from the Troughton era. I think there was a project a few years back to try and remake the lost episodes.
    Blockbuster has a 2 disc set of those, I watched part of the Moonbase last night. Cheezy as hell, yes, but great story. I think I like Sci-Fi from that era. Too bad episodes 1 and 3 are audio only.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

... are you into anime at all? It can be strange stuff, beyond the Pale, even... but damn if some of it ROCKS. Also, sub or dub?
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        ... are you into anime at all? It can be strange stuff, beyond the Pale, even... but damn if some of it ROCKS. Also, sub or dub?
        Depends on the anime in question.

FOr instance, Negima and Chobits don't change the dialogue around dramatically. They'll change around some mild elements, but nothing dramatically stupid (apart from Sumomo's voice in Chobits)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Funimation usually does extremely good dubs. Full Metal Alchemist is just as good in English as Japanese. Darker than Black is awesome either way as well, although the OVA's funnier in English. Death Note, while a great anime, is HORRIBLE in English. Watch that one in Japanese. The dub for Ouran High School Host Club was well done, but it loses something in the translation. Evangelion is just weird. I doubt it makes any sense regardless of which language you watch it in.

Yes, I love anime, how could you tell?
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I was a little into Anime for a while, I enjoyed Tenchi Muyo when I was in my 20's (feels odd saying that). Akira is still top of my list and I have a few others but never really got into it.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Well, it's like saying you're into live-action television. It's too broad a genre, and is really a misnomer... you might enjoy some more... >_> I don't really watch it as a thing, because I get frustrated with the free sites I find/youtube sucks/is a stop-gap feeling for me...
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                I was a little into Anime for a while, I enjoyed Tenchi Muyo when I was in my 20's (feels odd saying that). Akira is still top of my list and I have a few others but never really got into it.
                If you're willing to give it another try, then try Cowboy Beebop. Get it in English if you can, it's one of a few series with a really good English audio.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  If you're willing to give it another try, then try Cowboy Beebop. Get it in English if you can, it's one of a few series with a really good English audio.
                  Yes, this. Bebop is one of the greatest things ever, full stop.

Just from a Sci-Fi front, Trigun is pretty good too. There's a bunch more I'm currently watching, but most of them have been out of boredom. I even went and watched Clannad. That was a mistake.

Great show, but still a mistake.

Comment

The X-Files, definitely!
                    DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                    Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                    DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                    Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                    DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

For Anime it really depends on your personal preferences because it can run the gamut from serious drama, great action, wacky comedy and everything in between.

It tends to have its target audience's as well. Usually they are young boy, young girl, teen to young adult man, teen to young adult girl and on very rare occasions adults. (that is very simplified) Even more simplified, the target demographic for anime and video games tends to be quite similar with Anime branching out a little more than video games do.

All that said I can give you quite the list of suggestions if you know what titles you like or what genre of Anime you tend to prefer. What has already been given here is quite good though.
                      Last edited by Chanlin; 09-20-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

I've notice nobody has mentioned Alphas. I am really liking it.

Gary is my favorite. The Doc also rocks..some of the others have quirks that irk me, but as a series I like it.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I like Eureka, warehouse 13, grey's anatomy, combat hospital, switched at birth, and off the map which is like combat hospital but in the jungle

Comment

So I've decided on:

Dexter (my wife and I watch this one together)
                            Dr. Who
                            Babylon 5 (Ugh - 3 discs in a row from BB that don't play - two severely scratched, one cracked)
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Can't say much about the first two, but the last one surely means you have impeccable taste, good sir.
                              ( )

Comment

I watched the first few episodes when it first aired and liked it but at the time there were other series that took my time so I never got into it.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X