Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I threatened Oscar with the pound twice last night. The first time, she was scratching at the tire of my car and the second time was when she jumped up on my car got on the roof and started chewing on the OnStar antenna. I told her I like her, but I like my car more.

I did say I would never have a cat, since I'm more of a dog person and I'm not allergic to dogs. Now, every time I open the door there is Oscar staring up at me. If I don't see her all I have to do is say "meow" and she comes running looking for affection.

The neighbor brats didn't see me sitting on the stoop yesterday and started running and screaming towards Oscar. I told them to leave my cat alone in my best I will kill you voice. They ran off and later told my little guy that I didn't like them. They just now figured that out? really?

Also, Mr. Mis brought home a big bag of cat food and some cat toys for cat he claims he wants nothing to do with. I knew he was a big softie!
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

When I was playing with Oscar tonight, I did try to feel for a chip, but I didn't feel one, so I don't think she has one.

She tried twice to sneak into my house tonight since she thinks that she has claimed her humans she should be allowed in, but I had to turn her away, since she sheds a lot and having her shed all over the house would not be good for my allergies. I felt bad for having to do so, but I had to do it.

Comment

poor oscar... at least she has you to watch out for her...
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Poor kitty. Few years back we started feeding and taking care of a sweet natured stray tom who showed up. He'd try everything possible to get in, but when we let him, 10 minutes later he'd raise a fuss to go back out.

We never could get him to even halfway tolerate the house for more than half an hour on the hottest/coldest days (he was long haired but tiny, we took him for a half grown kitten at first but the vet said 2 years old and he never got any bigger over the 2 years he was around) but at least we have a couple pics of him trying out the sink and beds to remember him by.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I saw my neighbor today and he told me he was still looking for a humane society or shelter to take Oscar.

He asked me if I wanted her since she seems happy when she is around me. Inside I was jumping up and down screaming "YES PLEASE!" but while it broke my heart to say it I had to tell him I couldn't keep her.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know the fur-ball existed, but the thought of her not being around anymore makes me profoundly sad.

Comment

Boo to allergies to cute cuddly animals
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

BeenThereDoneThat I wish I wasn't allergic to cats, so that I could take Oscar. She likes to lay next to me while I pet her. I think it's great that I can feel and hear her purr.

Plus, she is a very good listener. I hope the neighbor doesn't find a place to take her for awhile but does find a place before it gets too cold outside.

I want to keep Oscar!

Comment

I feel for you, Misanthropical...I can tell how much you care about Oscar and I wish you could keep her.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Mis, one thing you might think about is if your allergies will adapt to Oscar. Some folks with animal allergies can adapt to individuals of the species, basically becomming immune to that particular animal's dander. Turns out my roommate was allergic to my cat when he first moved in (but didn't tell me! ), but got used to her enough that he doesn't even get the sniffles anymore.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Mis, one thing you might think about is if your allergies will adapt to Oscar. Some folks with animal allergies can adapt to individuals of the species, basically becomming immune to that particular animal's dander. Turns out my roommate was allergic to my cat when he first moved in (but didn't tell me! ), but got used to her enough that he doesn't even get the sniffles anymore.
                      This.
                      I am very allergic to cats, but have almost always had a cat living with me. My cat(s), after the initial allergy miserableness, I am okay. I do even better once the cat is trained not to use my face/pillow as its preferred sleeping spot.
                      Other peoples cats however, I need to remember to take an allergy pill before visiting.

Comment

But to make Oscar feel comfortable, I'd take an old dirty t-shirt you've worn, put it in a box of some sort, and let her make a small sleeping area (on the porch). She'll have a safe spot, know she's cared for, and you can keep an eye on her if she needs to be located to go to another home.
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                        X