This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad news from vet

ok so it was time for my(dumped*) kitties to have their annual healthy kitty check and rabies shots.

Athena was fine and all healthy, Isis had a lump on her back, I figured it was a "fatty tumor" that animals usually get from time to time. After examining it the vet said she "did not like it", too deep into the tissue, doesn't move and is hard. She suspects vaxosarcoma, now I need to save the money for a biopsy

*previous owner asked me to take them for a "few weeks", three years ago, she has made zero attempt to come get them, or even ask about them.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

I hope things get better for your kitty.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Poor kitty. And poor you. I really hope it proves to be benign.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I hope things get better for your kitty.
        If the vet's 90% certainty is correct, it won't, surgery will give her 16 months, surgery plus radiation will give her 23 months, I can't put my cat through a horribly painful surgery and recovery(tumor is between her shoulder blades, right on the spine) for almost no gain. The type of cancer suspected always recurs within 2 months to two years(two years is with diagnosis within a few weeks of tumor development and with intensive radiation treatment) after surgery, and it comes back more aggressive. She's had the tumor for a few months.
        Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 09-20-2011, 12:40 AM.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'm so sorry. You obviously care for them a lot more than their original owner did. Whatever happens, at least you've done your best and you love them.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How awful! and for you too... poor beastie...
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

First the biopsy. There is a ten percent chance that it's something that can be cured.
              Then you will do what is best for her.

Comment

Aww you poor thing!

Comment

*HUGS*
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*offers all her kitties for snuggles*

Comment

I'm so sorry. Kitty hugs for you and Isis, and Athena too.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I'm so sorry...it's so hard to get bad news about our beloved furbabies.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

*hugs tight*

I hope it's benign. *hopes lots*
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                            X