This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Facebook.

I'm sure all the current (or recently former) Facebook users have notice the very recent.....changes to the layout and the news feed. If this was a couple of years ago when they first started making major changes to the site I would have just said my peace and moved on. But at this point, I'm almost to the point of leaving the site for good. Seriously.

It's not just that they keep changing everything every couple of months. Though that is playing a HUGE role in my anger here.

There's also the fact that this latest change, confuse the hell outta me! I can barely make heads or tails of the news feed. And finding settings for it was hard before, now it's practically impossible! UGH!

Facebook, one of the most non-userfriendly social networking sites I've ever been on!

Oh and I made this as well. Some of my FB friends that are on here may have already seen this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	New Facebook Pony.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	2033336

Google + for the win!

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
      Google + for the win!
      Agreed
      I've used G+ far more since it started than I have ever used Facebook in all the time I've had a profile there.

The only reason I still have a Facebook is because I'm lazy & haven't got around to deleting it yet
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I would use G+ more, if more of my friends would move over there as well!

Comment

The only reason I even have a FB account is that the LARP group I belong to organizes some shit through it, and that it's an easy way to keep in touch with some people. Namely my sister who is death to phones.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm on google+ and twitter. After this fb change I'll probably just use it avoid texting overages, ha.

If anyone wants to add me, let me know .
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Yeah, G+ isn't as active.

What pisses me off about the latest updates:

Deciding for me what friends status updates I want to see instead of seeing them updated in real time.
              Oh wait, I CAN see them in real time, because half the chat box is now status updates. If I could see the updates on my main page, this would be unnecessary. It's STILL unnecessary for that matter.
              Leaving me to filter which friends' updates I consider "top" priorities to have them displayed above the others from now on. You want me to decide which of my friends are more important than the others? Nice, facebook, real nice.
              Oh look, if I minimize the chatbox, it shows my friends' real time updates in the corner of my main page.... as opposed to the actual main page itself. Which would be totally pointless if they left things alone.
              And if someone it considers a "top" friend updates, I have the update on my main page AND the little box to the side. So now its pointless and redundant.
              Why is there my profile pic and my name up on the main bar? What's wrong with just clicking "Profile" if I want to see my profile? Because my name and profile pic are ALREADY on my main page.

Screw you, facebook. When you get myspaced (everyone goes to g+ because you made yourself unusable and impractical), it won't be soon enough....
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I think G+ will become more active, now that they seem to have open registrations. I don't use either, really, mostly cause there aren't enough hours in the day anymore.

Comment

I hate their new lists. I added the faire as my work place, it made a list so I added people I met there figuring hey cool faire related posts in one spot...not knowing it notified EVERYONE that I put them there and that they should add the faire as their work place. I felt soooooo embarassed, I didn't know it would do that and I had a few non employees msg me that they didn't work there. I ended up putting an applogy on my wall, I'm still embarassed.
                  I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I was going to start the day writing one of my 'Dear Subconscious' posts on FB that I always write when I have a 'WTF'-inducing dream...but then I saw the new layout. It angered me because I can no longer use the cheat of setting my language to English UK to make it go away. *sent them a hearty complaint feedback message* e.e
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Well it took a few years for people to leave/abandon MySpace and move to Facebook. The move to G+ is probably gonna take a while too.

Comment

I find G+ to be much more user friendly than FB, too. At this point, pretty much the only reason I still have a FB account is a lot of my friends haven't migrated yet. That may change as FB continues to piss people off.

Comment

Ugh, all those constant changes, especially this one on FB are just plain fucking ridiculous.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This new update really is God awful. I liked it when my news feed just updated based on most recent updates. Now it has no order to it that makes any logical sense.

I joined google+, but my problem with it is finding new people. My friend and I both joined last night and we couldn't find each other. It took nearly half a day before she showed up in my searches.
                            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

It's been a long while since facebook updates did more than annoy/mildly inconvenience me. This latest one pisses me off.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X