This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas!

Background: I'm one of the maids of honor in my sister's wedding next month. Why are there two of them? Mostly because I have school and live on the opposite side of the country from my sister. Thus, I can't be there physically to help with a lot of the planning. I do what I can, though, and help my sister decide things byway of the e-mails she and I have been sending back and forth about wedding ideas. End background.

The real point of this thread: I received a call today from my fellow maid of honor to discuss how we're going to do the speeches at the reception. Now, I have never been comfortable with speaking in public. Even if it's family. My sister knows this, which is why it's a pretty big deal that something be worked out. So the other MoH and I talked a bit, and I came up with an idea- Instead of giving a speech, I may very well end up singing something for them instead.

Herein lies the problem, though: I have no idea what to sing. I don't want it to be extremely cliche (my sister would kill me), but I do want it to be something pretty, special, and wedding-reception appropriate. Anyone have any suggestions? I *kinda* want it to be something Celtic if possible, but I'm open to any ideas.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Give Yourself to Love by Kate Wolf is beautiful. Although I've heard it at almost every wedding I've been to, it never seems to lose meaning for me.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
    X