This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so bad...

So my husband and I want to adopt a special needs kitty. We were at a rescue in Austin last weekend to meet one, but we decided not to take him because we did not think his personality would fit in with us and our cats. But we told his foster and the other folks at the rescue that we still wanted a special needs kitty.

We have been in touch with 4 other fosters this week and are arranging to meet them and their special needs kitties this weekend. Except I know already that one of them is one we probably will not take. The kitty's name is Patti and she was born with a birth defect in her spine that causes her to be incontinent. She has no control over her urine or fecal movements at all.

We have a pretty decent setup for a cat like that -- we have hardwood floors in the lower level and I'm home most of the day during the week to take care of her -- but when we're not home, we're gone LONG periods of time, usually 8-10 hours or longer, or overnight, almost every weekend. I would feel bad for having to stick her in a bathroom or something, and her possibly walking/laying in her on waste.

So I just emailed her foster to let her know we probably are not going to take her and I feel awful. Patti is going to be so hard to find a home for because of her condition, and we have a good setup for it but we are just so busy on the weekends.

I'm really sorry to hear that. At first I was thinking perhaps she could wear some kind of diaper, but knowing how fastidious cats are, maybe that is just not something realistic. Thinking of you, Maggie.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
    X