This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's doing NaNoWriMo?

I am!! This will be my 8th year participating, I'm now co-ML for my region, and looking at another 100K sci-fi novel!

BTW, if you want to be friends on the NaNo forums, my handle is SaintJoi.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I want to, but my literature review for one of my grad classes is due Nov. 20. Between that and two other classes, plus full time work, I doubt I'll have time. But I may try anyway.

Think it would be terribly unsporting of me to finally get the last rewrite I want to do on my current novel done during that month instead of a new novel all things considered?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm tentatively giving it another try, though it's likely going to be online only. Felt bad when I realized that I didn't care for doing all the local events last year, and got too far behind, and just dropped off the site completely.

I'm jumping on the vampire bandwagon this time around. Don't judge me! :P

Comment

I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll finally get something finished, or at least to quota. Not sure yet if I'll have time, 'cause of school.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

<hides this topic> MY HUSBAND MUST NEVER SEE THIS.

For the love of refried beans, my husband never, EVER finishes any of his Nanowrimo stories. They're always super freaking awesome, and he just...stops. In the middle. I'm like to kill him if he does it again.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

My husband (I'll call him Doc Brown) is doing it this year! I am very proud of him. But then I'll feel like a failure because if he succeeds while working a minimum of 60 hours a week, because I am a really slow writer and never do it.

I'm looking at completing a novella though (gay erotica too- that'll be a learning experience as I've never attempted erotica before).
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm . . . thinking about it. Don't know if I'll join any of the groups. We'll see.
              "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

I got my author info and novel info updated, complete with synopsis. Look me up under Kaylyn there if you're interested. Friends lists are borked at the moment with the new layout but you can still search for people and read their synopses.

Comment

I'm doing it for the first time. It's the only way this book will ever get written. I had so much work done on the outline and notes that I lost the "fizz"....now, with a deadline, I feel more focused. I've been spending the weeks up to Nov. 1 working on some plot and character details, getting to know the characters better, filling in background info, and so on.

I'm on the site as Razziecat (NY/Buffalo region).
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think I'll give it a try this year. I made a start on a NaNoWriMo novel last year, but a slow start and lack of time and creative burnout on unrelated projects killed it.

Part of me wants to try to finish last year's this year, but that'd be against official rules.

I have some other ideas, though. It'll either be a story involving assassins or a sort of steampunk-ish fantasy. Still working on which has the best likelihood of keeping me on task.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'll be doing it again this year, I kinda crashed hard last year but I wasn't in the right place. Think I already know what I'm going to do.

Fairy Tales IN Space!

A group of short story all based around classic fairy stories with a futuristic settings. A Cyperpunk Beauty and the Beast? Got you covered. Sleeping beauty on a Generation ship. That too.

Still working on how to do some of them like Cinderella, Hansel and Gretel, etc.
                      As soon as I start thinking
                      That I'm sensible and sane
                      The Random Hedgehog comes along
                      And fiddles with my Brain
                      (from card I got)

Comment

Hm...Cinderella could be set in a space empire. And Hansel and Gretel could be an awesome Lost in Space re-adaptation.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          I think I'll give it a try this year. I made a start on a NaNoWriMo novel last year, but a slow start and lack of time and creative burnout on unrelated projects killed it.

Part of me wants to try to finish last year's this year, but that'd be against official rules.
                          Sure, it's against "official" rules, but there's a whole sub-community called NaNo Rebels that want to participate but work on unfinished projects or manga or nonfiction or whatever. So if that's what you wanna do, you absolutely can!

Comment

BF might be doing it.

Comment

I wish I had the disciple required. I have about a million ideas, so about 2-3 really good ideas
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X