This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod.

A couple months or so back I mentioned that I might be going on a trip to the UK next year if I had the money.

Suffice to say, my recent hospital trip and other bills has wiped out over half my UK fund (and the hospital wants an extra $3,000). So, sad to say it but going to the UK is not going to happen unless I win the lottery.

But.

Boyfriend's brother and father are taking a trip to Jacksonville, FL this coming end of January. Boyfriend may be going and they have invited me along with them. My hotel would be paid for, but I would have to pay for my food and flight and spending money. I would be a nutcase not to go.

But.

The way I see it, I'm losing out on 2 week's pay and I'm already sweating about how I would be able to afford food for the trip, forget spending money, because of the food allergies I have. I can't live on Ramen and protein bars, I would have to have fresh food. They'd be in the Town Center. I looked it up on Google maps and they have a bunch of stores and restaurants and whatnot, plus a Publix. I doubt that Publix is in walking distance, and Panera is expensive.

It's been nearly 2 years since I last saw Boyfriend and I want, with all my heart, to go. I have never met his family, either, so I also doubly want to go. But if I'm already hyperventilating about my bills, it's a level of stress I don't want.

*sigh*
    Last edited by ralerin; 11-15-2011, 03:26 PM.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Whoaaaaa nelly, calm down. <hugs> Don't hyperventilate on us!

That is indeed a tough choice, but its looking like your bills are gonna win out. It'll be a great two weeks for sure, but will it be worth coming back and dreading every envelope that shows up?

What about talking to the bf and just laying out how things are? He might be able to help you find another option, heck, his family might be able to help out.

Even if not, don't stress over it, if its in the cards for you to go, it'll happen. But its not worth killing yourself over it.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

*hugs ralerin*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Why not just go for a shorter time frame? Take the amount of time you can afford.. a week or four days or whatever you can do. I've been working for close to 30 years and have never had the time and the money for a two week vacation at the same time. You have to go and make the most out of what you've got!

Comment

If it is one of the hotels right behind St. Johns Town Center then Publix is in walking distance.

I grew up in Jacksonville and currently live just south of there and still spend most of my shopping time there.

Sockpuppet

Comment

Perhaps they could take a couple of days and come and see you?

Flights to and from Florida are usually pretty cheap.

There's a couple of advantages too - you don't have to worry (much) about food or spending money and they can see your neck of the woods.

Just an option that might work....

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I have to agree with the above. If youre responsible for your flight, just go for a week or so. Itll be better for your mental health and your bills wont suffer from 2 weeks of lost wages.

Comment

Working...
              X