Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the first trial, and now back at the first temple, which I don't even know if I was supposed to go back to or not
    DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
    Nicholas Angel: Like who?
    DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
    Nicholas Angel: Who else?
    DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

On the second trial now. God I hate those silent realm challenges.

Comment

I've finished the game. Zelda's not supposed to be that goddamned depressing.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I have heard the ending is amazing....I have a long way to go.....

Just about to start the bane of Zelda Games.....the Water Temple.
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Oh, it's amazing. But made want to cry.

And that temple was nowhere near as hard as the water temple.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
              I have heard the ending is amazing....I have a long way to go.....

Just about to start the bane of Zelda Games.....the Water Temple.
              Are you talking about the Ancient Cistern? Cakewalk compared to the OoT Water Temple. The boss can be a bitch though.

Comment

Yeah, so far it's not bad....I just dislike water temples ( I blame MM,ha!)

I do like the item you get in this temple....
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

You know, I found the water temple in OoT to be insanely tedious and boring as hell, but I never figured out why it's so hated. It's been about 5 years since I last played it, but I remember the Temple of Spirit giving me the most trouble.
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                    Yeah, so far it's not bad....I just dislike water temples ( I blame MM,ha!)
                    I blame OoT .. I was actually kinda when I realized that the very first temple in this game was, in part, a mini-Water Temple.

Quoth Kara View Post
                    You know, I found the water temple in OoT to be insanely tedious and boring as hell, but I never figured out why it's so hated..
                    Mainly because, if you made the mistake of NOT finishing it all in one go, it was really easy to lose track of where you had been and what you had done, as well as which water-level-changer-thingy you needed to use next. It is one of the few levels in any game where I will unabashedly tell people "Just give up and use a guide/FAQ", even if it's their first attempt.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I enjoyed it, the ending was awesome. Be sure to watch the credit sequence and stick around after the credits finish rolling. Once I'm finished with stuff I need to do for this semester I'm gonna start tackling Hero mode.

I have to say as boss battles go, this game had some really interesting ones compared to past games. I particularly enjoyed the battles with Ghirahim. I found the battles with The Imprisoned to be the most annoying/difficult personally. The boss for the Desert Sanctuary I really enjoyed but by far nothing tops the run up to Ghirahim just before the final boss battle. I'll just say that was epic.

All in all I think this is one of the best entries in the series both from difficulty, dungeons, items, boss battles and all around story telling.

Comment

Damn...55 hours in. At the beginning of getting the third flame (after trial).

This games feels never-ending, but it's fun. I have to disagree with those who like this better than Twilight Princess though. And/or feel the controls are better. I feel like I'm still getting used to them and I am almost done the game (?).

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                          This games feels never-ending, but it's fun. I have to disagree with those who like this better than Twilight Princess though. And/or feel the controls are better. I feel like I'm still getting used to them and I am almost done the game (?).
                          I agree on the controls aspect. I think I had them mostly down, but I play in a seated position with little room for actual wide movements which made for some issues. Often times if I wanted to do a quick slash from right to left I ended up doing a overhead slash at a downward angle OR if I moved too quick I ended up with an upward vertical slash. I honestly think some of the enemies that are meant to be pushovers were a little more difficult because I had difficulties attacking from precise directions 100% of the time.

Also the controls are just a tad too sensitive, it made aiming the bow/slingshot and consequently some of the boss fights a tad annoying.

And the Harp Mini-game, don't even get me started.... I about had fits just trying to play the *$%&^%# thing let alone play in time with a beat.

You have the dungeon for the flame to do, a quest that involves revisiting all 3 major areas, another dungeon and then the final encounter yet. (all in all took me about 15+ hours to do with a little bit of side-questing in between)
                          Last edited by Chanlin; 12-06-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                            You know, I found the water temple in OoT to be insanely tedious and boring as hell, but I never figured out why it's so hated. It's been about 5 years since I last played it, but I remember the Temple of Spirit giving me the most trouble.
                            For me it was the one key at the bottom of the middle column. I missed it my first time through. And then couldn't get back into the middle. So I had to start all over >.<
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

It's been so long since I've played OoT, I can't remember all the specifics of the Water Temple. All I remember is it being a pain in the ass. I do remember the Lakebed Temple being a bitch though. What is it with water temples?

Comment

I. Freaking. Hate. SCERVO!

Comment

Working...
                                X