X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still a-ok?

Comment

Much to my surprise, New Year's Eve was great.

A friend contacted me on Friday and invited me to a party he and his boyfriend were having out of town. I decided to go, and let him know this, so I could be picked up at the train station.

His boyfriend picked me up. We'd never met before, but he shook my hand and gave me the kiss-on-both-cheeks greeting. He then drove me to his apartment, a spotlessly-clean place in a new building.

As bad timing had it, I was both tired and headachy even before I arrived, and I asked if I could lie down for a couple of hours. After some uneasiness on my friend's part ("You will lie ON the bed, right? Not IN it?"), I went into their bedroom to lie ON the bed.

Things got pretty merry in the living room, judging from the laughter. I was just waiting for the headache to subside.

A few hours later, my friend came in, pleasantly inebriated, carrying a plate with a piece of cheesecake on it. He came over to where I was lying, and sat on the bed - and on my leg. And he's not exactly a lightweight. I sat up and ate the cheesecake, filling him in on what had been going on in my life, since we hadn't seen or heard much from each other lately. We both ended up lying on the bed, talking about life, and he told me that his boyfriend is into energy healing and energy dowsing. As if on cue, his boyfriend then entered the room. He doesn't speak much English, so my friend told him that I was interested in the energy work.

He did a Reiki session on me! He also gave me a very nice shoulder and back rub. The Reiki session felt fantastic. After it was over, I opened my eyes and asked, "What do you do?"

"I work in a bank," he told me.

That struck me as very funny, and I laughed.

So, finally, I felt up to facing the party, so I joined everyone. More handshakes; more kisses on the cheek. Champagne was opened at midnight, and more kissing and clinking of glasses occurred. About twenty minutes later, we went downtown to catch the fireworks show, which was very impressive, and I didn't have my camera with me.

We went back to the apartment, and several partygoers joined us some minutes later. By this time, I was pretty well wiped out, so my friend asked if I wanted to go to bed.

"Where?"

"In [boyfriend's] bed."

"Where will he sleep?"

"On the couch."

"Where will YOU sleep?"

"Next to you."

I asked if he was sure he could handle being next to all that estrogen. He just smiled. Both he and his boyfriend were very huggy with me all evening; at one point, my friend (who had been putting his arm around me at various times) was holding my hand. He also stood very close to me when he spoke, and by "close", I mean "intimate distance".

I went to bed first. He went to bed later. He snored. This resulted in rather fragmented sleep for me.

We both got up at around 3 p.m. His boyfriend served us lunch! He set the table and everything, and there was a coin under the plate at each place. My friend explained that this is for prosperity in the upcoming year.

"Good!" I said. "I can use it!"

They drove me to the station, more hugs and kisses on the cheek, and I took the train back home.

The other funny thing that happened, was when we arrived back at the apartment after the fireworks. My friend said, "You are Little Red Riding Hood, and I am the big bad wolf. I am going to eat you."

I said, "I know where you can start."

Comment

Funny! And sweet. I'm so glad you had a great New Year's Eve!

Blessings to you for 2012!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That is awesome. I do so love people who are completely unselfish and manage to be happy themselves while still going out of their way to bring joy to others. You have some fabulous friends there. *hug*
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

The funny thing is, this friend had always kept a distance from me, physically. New Year's was the first time he'd ever done anything like that, and certainly the first time we'd ever shared a bed.

Just to see the reactions, I told two male friends (one of them being our own Rapscallion) that I slept with a gay friend on New Year's Eve.

Comment

Working...
            X