Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power at my Aunt & Uncles. We are having Christmas Dinner tomorrow afternoon

Was a very good Christmas
    From the Hubby's family
    A electric woodstove from the his parents
    Gift cards for BN (Squee more books) from his parents
    Sounders mugs from his sister and family
    Sounders Gnome from his parents
    and real Guniness pouring spoon, now need to learn how to use it

From my family
    My parents
    a jeweler saw, a thing to make domes in metal
    a viking wire weaving kit
    sock loom
    a really cool Tron (the 1st one) that is in French (from the release at the time)
    trumpet music for the hubby
    shutter release that will work on the hubby's camera

my Aunt made a stunning off center jacket out of polar fleece with the most wonderful dragon buttons
    Best Buy gift card for both the hubby and I
    A cool low light photography book

and grandma got us all BN gift cards

Might use mine towards a Nook Tablet

Oh and freaking guilt from my mother in law. Guess we were under orders to get family pictures done for her for Christmas. Yeah we have barely had a moment's piece but we are suppose to get nice pictures done. I am thinking of taking pictures in front of CenturyLink Field in our Sounder stuff. I really am not happy with my Mother in Law.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

A nice diamond necklace and Ed Hardy perfume from the bf.

A NorthFace zip hoodie and more pajama pants from my parents, a cute pair of PINK (brand, not color) Yoga pants from my brother.

More pens, gum, and car air fresheners than I can count from Dad.

And lots and lots and lots of Christmas Cookie scented candles my apartment smells clean, and as if I'm baking something yummy.

I love Yankee Candle because those candles are so potent, you don't even have to burn them long or at all. Just take the lid off and the scent is so strong.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

I love Yankee Candle because those candles are so potent, you don't even have to burn them long or at all. Just take the lid off and the scent is so strong.
        The Dusk candles down here are the same
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Yes! I have an Osaka Cherry Blossom candle and it is beautiful! Gave two to a friend for Christmas, and she loves them because they remind her of home.

I was spoilt this Christmas:
          - Nikon Coolpix L120
          - Lots of books
          - Hair straightner
          - Hot pink sneakers
          - Majorica pearls (gunmetal grey, and so pretty)
          - Gardening trolley
          - Zumba dvds and toning sticks
          - Bottle of Brown Brothers Moscato

And my darling Essey-Jay made a gorgeous photo album for Rugz and I. She picked out my most favourite photos as well as finding some photos that I didn't know existed and had them printed into a lovely book. It's the first IRL family album we've ever had, and it's perfect.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
            - Zumba dvds and toning sticks
            Is that the new one out? If so, let me know if it's any good-I HAVE done Zumba and enjoyed it, but I'm trying to vary my exercise routine
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I got some cash from my parents. A Best Buy Giftcard from my sis and bro in law, and a Old Chicago giftcard from the niece and nephew.

The main thing I got was watching the niece (9) and nephew(12) opening up their presents. The joy and excitement on his face when he opened up his Lego, and Kre-o sets. The utter shock, and joy on her face when she opened up the DS. The hug and I love you uncle VS after opening it. The happiness with my nephew getting his fishing merit badge from Boy Scouts because he cleaned and cooked the fish I brought him.

The kids are the main thing for me this Christmas. Before my sister had them, Christmas was kinda bland. The last 12 years with them has been fun. They've make Christmas fun again. These are the best presents of all for me.
              Last edited by Victory Sabre; 12-26-2011, 12:37 PM.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                GThanks, Becks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                You're welcome, Sunshine!!!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We've been exchanging presents more or less since Thanksgiving, so...here's what I wound up with (so far).

--Zelda 3DS bundle, with accessories: clear hard shell for the console, screen protector, extra stylus pack, Cave Story 3D and a flash cart.
                  --Cash from my dad
                  --Nice chocolate assortment and a small holiday bonus from one of my petsitting clients
                  --More chocolate and another bonus from another client
                  --'Melting clock' desk clock
                  --$25 GameStop gift card
                  --Autographed Ghostbusters script and a pile of press photos I didn't have
                  --New quilt

...and the dongle I use to backup/restore DS game saves decided to 'gift' me with a literal meltdown as I was trying to restore a corrupted Pokemon SoulSilver save (there is a hole melted in the casing, I'm probably lucky it didn't take the game with it as it died), so I have to wait for a new one to get here before I can restore the save and continue playing.
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-26-2011, 10:58 PM.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

This is the most fun Christmas I've had in years, because this year Khan actually gets it (he's 2). He woke at 3:30 am shrieking "Santa's here! Santa Claus is here!" (we made him go back to bed until 8 ). When he saw the plate with cookie crumbs and the empty milk glass his eyes got huge. He got a dump truck, superhero toys and books, and some money from Grandpa to go to the museum (and a huge deposit from Husband's parents into his mutual fund; he doesn't know it but that's the best present he got this year!).

I didn't do too badly; 4 books I wanted, a Kamelot CD, 3 manga volumes, a cute funky purse, socks, some cash, new sneakers and the entire run of Revolutionary Girl Utena on DVD (thanks Husband!).
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I got a couple of boxes of Andies Candies (I love these)
                      a little dolphin curio (very cute)
                      A DVD with the complete collection of Star Trek comic books, from the oldies in the 70's (TOS) through DS9 and Voyager editions. Can't wait to get home and read them

I gave:
                      1st two books of How to Train your Dragon to one neice
                      Music CDs to another
                      iTUnes to a third

Power Rangers Samuri toys to one nephew
                      GameStop card for the other

Gift card to Brother and Sister

Stylus for iPod to Evil Empryss

Harry Potter from Script to Screen to the Evil Overlord.

A left handed calendar for Mom and a new subscription to the Washington Post.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year folks!
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

-- My Little Pony gift set

-- Princess Celestia gift set (YAY, time to mod it!)

-- http://www.redbubble.com/people/stin...derp-with-text

-- ice cream maker

And yes, totally thrilled that I got PONIES for Christmas. Please don't tell that to my childhood self, I'd travel forward in time and kill myself.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                          I got a whopping....nothing....yay me!

the "family gift" from my inlaws*....all stuff for my husband..
                          That sucks!
                          So...out of curiosity, what was the gift?
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

first Christmas with the boyfriend, xx_wolfie_xx

Our loot is as follows:

My mom got us a tree because we couldn't afford one! So we have a little 4 ft tree, all our own. Yay!
                            Also from mama:
                            Axe gift set (for wolfie, in the scent he uses)
                            Aromatherapy lotion and bubble bath from bath and body works (for me)
                            Hickory Farms sausage & cheese set (for both of us, we like them!)
                            Serving snack platter on wooden lazy susan (for both of us)
                            $100 AmEx GC (for both, we're using it towards a new bed)
                            $50 Target GC (for both, to use for home stuff we need)

From my sister:
                            Tea and a snowman mug(for wolfie)
                            Build a bear stuffed bear (for me, with my birthstone)
                            Lotions/spa creams (for me, from stores/brands I love)
                            Monogrammed towels 1 with each of our first initials (for the both of us)
                            Cordless meditation fountain (for both of us)
                            Beall's GC (for me)

From wolfie's best friend & his family:
                            tea sampler set with 120 tea bags (for ME!)
                            handmade crochet throw (for wolfie. it's so PRETTY! and is displayed on the back of the couch!)
                            pot holders and apple slicer (for me, from their 12 year old)
                            caramel popcorn (for wolfie, from their 12 year old)
                            trinket box (for me, from his best friend's parents)

From wolfie's dad and his wife:
                            Arkham city (for wolfie)
                            Serenity Car decal (for wolfie)
                            Star Trek Movie (for wolfie, the latest one)
                            Richard Castle book (for wolfie)
                            italian olive oil, seasoning and baking yeast (for me. Heeeeee!!)
                            Green Tea & bamboo bath set with shower caddy (for me)
                            $50 Visa GC (also being put towards the new bed)
                            $50 cash (his dad called it "gas money" but it's understood to be just cuz. We're probably going to use it for fun moneys)

I gave:
                            Skyrim to wolfie
                            Assassin's Creed to wolfie (technically before Christmas, but we had an early exchange because we thought we wouldn't manage it later. I showed him!)
                            Inheritance to wolfie (4th book in the Eragon series)

We gave:
                            Bottle of Riesling from the Mosel valley to wolfie's dad (where he spent a lot of time in Germany, so we actually found one from that region, it was good!)
                            Flower calendar to his dad's wife (she loves flowers, and we found this gorgeous one with close up shots of beautiful flowers)
                            Kitchenaid book to my mom
                            Large stockpot to my mom

All in all, it was a good day. My favorite part was the fireside movies at his dad's house.

Comment

Quoth IDontWorkHere View Post
                              Not a single thing. Spent the entire day alone, and have to work tomorrow (my birthday).
                              Oh well.
                              Happy holidays anyway :-)
                              I would say "That sucks." but to be honest, when it's happened to me a couple of times over the years, I've found that distancing myself from the hustle and bustle makes me appreciate the next year even more. Hope the same turns out to be true for you.

And hope today is a good one

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                                That sucks!
                                So...out of curiosity, what was the gift?
                                dress shirts, and a star wars pez dispenser set.
                                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                                X