This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    dress shirts, and a star wars pez dispenser set.

Wow!!! And how do the dress shirts fit?

That's really rather shitty.
    They can't even justify that away by saying they thought it was something both of you could use.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

You could always turn the shirts into a shirt dress for yourself with leggings underneath and wear it in front of them.
      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth Monica View Post
        You could always turn the shirts into a shirt dress for yourself with leggings underneath and wear it in front of them.
        How deliciously evil!
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I got more than I expected, since my sisters & I weren't exchanging gifts between ourselves. I shopped for their kids, and 'the kids' bought stuff for me.

Still brought home:
          Magic Bullet blender
          entryway rug
          hands-free paper towel dispenser
          kitchen towel rack
          new kitchen garbage can (trust me, I needed it)
          3-shelf set
          nice new sheets
          beautiful clay pot made w/ horsehair
          lottery tickets (and 3 of the 4 won me money)
          $10 Burgerville gift card (yum)
          $50 from grandma
          $100 from mom to go towards a kitten after New Year's (my kitty Casey - my avatar, died just a few weeks before Christmas). Mom said she'd get me a kitten...so I'll go adopt one from a local no-kill shelter after the holidays.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

A NorthFace zip hoodie
            Oooh, enjoy, I <3 mine.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Lots of DVDs (Red Dwarf seasons 1-8. X-Men First Class, Captain America, and Tangled)
              Sonic Generations (X-Box)
              Harry Potter Lego (Wii)
              Slippers
              A gorgeous hardback book celebrating 60 years of Peanuts (Snoopy fangirl lol)
              Chocolate
              Perfume
              A Monty Python Spanish Inquisition shirt
              A Simon's Cat plushie (he's SO cute!)
              The new Simon's Cat book

And lots of other small lovely things including a cute bookmark and nice scented bath stuff
              "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

wait...wait...wait

There is a Simon's Cat plush? Tempting....
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                  wait...wait...wait

There is a Simon's Cat plush? Tempting....

There are in fact 3 - a small, a medium and a large one that meows

If you check the Simon's Cat website there's a shop and they have them for sale in there
                  "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                    This is the most fun Christmas I've had in years, because this year Khan actually gets it (he's 2). He woke at 3:30 am shrieking "Santa's here! Santa Claus is here!" (we made him go back to bed until 8 ). When he saw the plate with cookie crumbs and the empty milk glass his eyes got huge.
                    My little cousin is the same age and because Father Christmas is more common here than Santa, my little cousin calls Santa "Christmas" (dropping the Father)

From my aunty (his nana) and my cousin (his aunty), he got a Wiggles guitar and a book. He was VERY interested in the Wiggles Guitar and kept pushing the button that had the yellow wiggle on it, so every so often we were treated with "Hot Potato, hot Potato" and then "It's time to say hello".

ETA: The comment regarding the shirts reminded me of something. Last year I did my first Christmas with my boyfriend's side of the family. My boyfriend's dad received some shirts, however they didn't fit last year. This year he ALSO got some shirts however they were too big!
                    Last edited by fireheart; 12-26-2011, 10:59 PM.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                      I burst out crying when I got the laptop, I'm currently using it.
                      I wasn't crying the day my iPhone came in but I sure was nervous about holding it - those things are SLICK feeling.

I ended up putting it on the shelf and charged the battery for a while, then put it back into the box and left it on my desk. Luckily my case came in the next day, so after work I plugged it up (after getting the Otter Box on it), logged into iTunes, got it set up and then had to go through fifty million steps of backing up the numbers from my old phone onto its SIM, swap SIMs in the iPhone, download the numbers off the card, swap the cards back then had to go to Live Chat w/a Blue Ball wireless rep to get the new SIM activated.

But all that trouble was so worth it . . . I wuvs my iPhone.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Monica View Post
                        wouldn't work, we're about the same size bodywise, so his shirts wouldn't cover me enough, and I wouldn't be able to button them.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Gumby30 View Post
                          A Simon's Cat plushie (he's SO cute!)
                          The new Simon's Cat book
                          I got those too Keyring sized plushie.
                          I also got Skylanders plus two more figures to go with it
                          An art deco mug, notebook and pen
                          A charm bracelet with three charms on it and two more given to me.
                          A large teddy bear
                          A small plushie white tiger
                          A small notebook
                          Dragongirl by Todd McCaffrey
                          This years Rupert Annual
                          A handbag sized nail kit
                          Rainbow Maiden cross stitch kit
                          The Rupert Companion (A history of Rupert Bear) book
                          Fluttershy MLP
                          Thorntons Assorted Toffees, fudges and eclairs (Yummy!)
                          Sims 3 Pets
                          Neverending Story OST
                          Jeff Wayne's The war of the worlds stage show on DVD
                          A £40 gift card for Game
                          and a bunch of bath stuff plus a couple of other bits that are escaping me.

I am spoiled by my b/f and family
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

This Christmas I got:

From Hubby

Panda Music Globe
                            Snuggy
                            Precious Moments Anniversary Clock
                            John Grisham book
                            Aerosmith CD
                            Favorite bath soap
                            Watch
                            Pearl necklace, bracelet and earling set

From Oldest and Bug

Fuzzy red blanket
                            Travel size shower gel and lotion

From Little Bits

Book

From Mom and Dad

Oven Mitt
                            Chocolate Fudge
                            Pumpkin Bread

Comment

It was a really nice Christmas. I only had 2 times when I had to leave due to anxiety, which is a big improvement. It was really nice to see some of the family I haven't seen in a few years, too.

As for loot, it's actually kind of embarrassing...
                              From the boss, a gift card to Longhorn
                              From Awesome Patient #1, a pot holder and a towel that says "Dear Santa... I can explain!" and a hug
                              From Awesome Patient #2, a pretty charm bracelet
                              From Awesome Patient #3, $20.

From Grandma and Grandpa, money and chocolates
                              From Mom's twin, gourmet chocolate covered raisins and almonds
                              From Mom's other sister, a cut cat pin and earrings
                              From Grandma, money
                              From Dad's oldest sister, a DVD of an 11 year old vocalist
                              From Dad's younger sister, German chocolates and a safety vest in orange
                              From Dad's youngest brother, yummy old fashioned candies and nuts
                              From Dad's oldest brother, a goodie bag with wine, chocolate, and homemade bread

*deep breath*

From my parents:
                              A pan of Mom's fudge (which is all I asked for)
                              A new baking pan
                              Custard cups
                              A new wool coat in red
                              Flannel sheets covered in snowflakes
                              A new comforter
                              A new bed. A captains style bed that I've been eyeing for several years. Squee!!

From DH's parents:
                              GCs to Walmart, Darden, AMC
                              A bunch of Mary Kay stuff
                              A silver and CZ dolphin necklace
                              3 pairs of delightfully fuzzy socks (which is all I asked them for...)
                              2 sets of equally fuzzy pjs, one covered with penguins
                              A western Caribbean cruise!!!!!

From DH:
                              Earring and necklace set in tanzanite
                              A diamond. He is having it made into a better version of our engagement ring, which was stolen less than a year after our wedding.

And we said we weren't getting Christmas presents for each other this year... No one listens.

Holy crap. I think people went waaaay overboard this year. This year is like the past 4-5 years all rolled into one!

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                This is the most fun Christmas I've had in years, because this year Khan actually gets it (he's 2). He woke at 3:30 am shrieking "Santa's here! Santa Claus is here!" (we made him go back to bed until 8 ). When he saw the plate with cookie crumbs and the empty milk glass his eyes got huge.
                                Bug is the same age. When Oldest put out the Santa cookies, Bug grabbed one and ran to the corner to eat it. Every time it was mentioned that Santa was coming he would say "Yay" He got more train and more trains. Today my Oldest and Little Bits has been putting together his train sets. He is a very happy little boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X