This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see

Started teaching jewelry and knitting classes at glitter hell.

Found out my SIL is pregnant, so now I have an excuse to knit all the cute little baby things I've been waiting to try.

Was told I did an amazing job at my last vocal recital.

Met my favorite actress and got a picture with her.
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
      Met my favorite actress and got a picture with her.
      Who? Who? Who? (Inquiring minds want to know....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Who? Who? Who? (Inquiring minds want to know....)
        Claudia Christian from Babylon 5. That's her and I in my avatar picture.
        Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

In 2011 I went to NYC and my best friend moved back to Hawaii.(Where I am.)

Comment

I graduated with a B.A. in Psychology, as a graduate of the university honors program.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Wow, this thread is a great idea. Contemplating the positives of the year gone by has been quite fun!

The negative first: An adult-onset yeast intolerance means I can't greatly indulge in my love for beer.

The positives: Discovering Scotch Whiskey, as well as moving to a new area at work (really big government department lets me move wherever without much hassle) which has been a really positive move. I've really started enjoying work again. Also, the icing on the cake, I've dropped a clothing size thanks to a new (sustainable!) diet. (I don't focus on kilograms lost, because I found I obsessed about it too much and it was really affecting me negatively).

Congratulations to everyone, may 2012 be great!

2012, I'm aiming to be more social. I'm too comfortable with my own company. The tail end of 2011 brought a bit of improvement there, but I need to hang out with people more my age.
              Last edited by Rhion; 01-07-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Quoth Rhion View Post
                The negative first...
                No! No negatives in this thread! And never, ever, EVER list the negatives first, as you give them too much positive. Negatives should be the footnotes to positives, not the other way around.

So, away with this negative. Away!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  No! No negatives in this thread! And never, ever, EVER list the negatives first, as you give them too much positive. Negatives should be the footnotes to positives, not the other way around.

Don't beat me! Negatives awaaaay...

Comment

Quoth Rhion View Post
                    Quoth Jester View Post

Don't beat me! Negatives awaaaay...
                    Ummm....the way I saw it, you listed a negative that resulted in a positive, (the yeast intolerance meant no beer, so you discovered Scotch whiskey) so the unnecessary verbal smackdown and resulting edit wasn't all that necessary. (It's not my thread, of course. I'm just sayin'... )
                    Last edited by Ree; 01-07-2012, 03:09 PM.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

In 2011, I gained my freedom back once again, and got lucky to start 2012 with no debt ( improvement from about usd 180 000 from the beginning of the year 2011. I have my own little apartment since 11/2011 and first time since 2002 I made a friend. So not too bad

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

How much closer? As in, of the 48, how many have you climbed so far?
                        We have 11 down. Long way to go....but fun trying!
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                          Ummm....the way I saw it, you listed a negative that resulted in a positive, (the yeast intolerance meant no beer, so you discovered Scotch whiskey) so the unnecessary verbal smackdown and resulting edit wasn't all that necessary. (It's not my thread, of course. I'm just sayin'... )
                          I did not mean it as a verbal smackdown per se as much as a reminder of my "no negatives" rule that I stated in the beginning. I'd like to think that Rhion took it in the humorous way it was intended.

That being said, while negatives can often beget positives, there are better ways to say it, rather than emphasizing the negative. "While I found out I couldn't drink beer any more, I discovered my love for Scotch whiskey." The way it was written did just the opposite, emphasizing the negative. Something I wanted to be left out of this thread. Just saying.

Okay, this whole post has been a downer. Fuck that. PARTY!

Bring on more of the positives of the last year, kids!

(Note to Rhion: Please edit your post to its original form so people can know what the hell we are on about here. And please, don't take my "threats" so seriously that you edit your post. My name IS Jester, after all, which is just another word for "fool.")

Still A Customer."

Comment

You gotta take the bad with the good. Otherwise, the positives aren't as sweet without the juxtaposition of the negative.

Last year marked the 10 year anniversary of my sister passing away. I was able to find a great tattoo artist to design a memorial tattoo that I now have on my wrist, and I love it.

I've been moved to a different department at work, and I hope they will actually pay attention to what I want to do and how to use my strengths. Prior to that, I was actually incredibly unhappy in my job.

TTO and I got married And will shortly be celebrating our one year anniversary
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              I'd like to think that Rhion took it in the humorous way it was intended.
                              Yep, that's the one.

Quoth Jester View Post
                              That being said, while negatives can often beget positives, there are better ways to say it, rather than emphasizing the negative. "While I found out I couldn't drink beer any more, I discovered my love for Scotch whiskey." The way it was written did just the opposite, emphasizing the negative. Something I wanted to be left out of this thread. Just saying.
                              Yeah, it was pretty much there for framing. Wasn't supposed to be a big deal, and sorry that I didn't re-read the first post, I had last read that page of the thread a few days ago while lurking.

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Okay, this whole post has been a downer. Fuck that. PARTY!
                              Needs more of this! Keep 'em coming, peoples!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                                You gotta take the bad with the good. Otherwise, the positives aren't as sweet without the juxtaposition of the negative.
                                No argument there. I was merely objecting the emphasis on the negative, not the inclusion of it at all.

I have often said on this site, and elsewhere, that "when one door closes, another opens." I believe that, even if that has not necessarily transpired in my love life. (It has in so many other parts of my life, though. And, to be honest, even in my love life. Just not since The Big One, aka, my ex-fiance.)

Another positive: my niece Dragon was blown away when I told her I'd be attending her high school graduation in June. In Houston.

Also, since my best friend recently got hired by an airline, it is very likely my airfares are going to go down considerably (she told me this, it is not a presumption on my part), which means I can not only go to Houston for said graduation, but home to Phoenix for another gathering of my family in April, similar to the one last January, before which we had not all been gathered together since Lil Sis's wedding in New York...in 2003.

AND my stepsister is making more and more progress.

Yep....3 more positives. I like finishing strong like that!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X