Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I had any housepets other than a red eared turtle and was living alone on the top floor of an appartment building in Germany. This happened :

I went to bed in the afternoon after night shift. I was asleep for I don't know how long and I felt something heavy pressing down on my chest making it hard to breathe.
    I felt hot air blast me in the face it was hotter than anything I felt even opening a hot oven seemed cooler than this.
    It was very hard to wake up, when I did finally manage to wake up I saw 2 red glowing eyes floating in front of me. I don't know why but I felt like I was in the presence of pure evil I think i prayed or called out to God and it left but I can't remember for sure.

A few weeks later I rescued a cat from a shelter, I had looked at many cats and none seemed quite right for me. I was done looking and was going to leave when I for some reason went to a cage the shelter people had told me contained a Momma cat whose babies were all adopted and since noone wanted - were going to put down. I looked in the cage and saw the most pitiful looking bedraggled cat I had ever seen, tangled long fur with large patches missing. I was told she did not like people and was shocked when she walked up to me stuck her paw out of the cage and patted my arm. I immediatly fell in love with this poor creature and took her home - she picked me?!?

She seemed to chase things I could sometimes barely see out of the corner of my eyes. And I remember her shrieking and clawing up my bed upstairs not long after I got her. She sounded just like some cats I have heard fighting each other tooth and nail in serious fights.

I might be imagining things but she was a very special cat and every place I moved to while she was still alive she seemed to "cleanse" the place of bad or evil spirits. She was also an unusually dignified cat and had a regal bearing about her.

Comment

Hmm...I'm beginning to notice something interesting.

My side of the house (which consists of my room, my bathroom, and my sister's old bedroom) is almost always cold. Even in the summer, where we get to the triple-digits, there's almost always a chill in the air. I'm constantly, at night, feeling things walking around and watching me sleep.

A few weeks ago, though, my sister was here for a visit. While she was here, she and my dad spent the week-or-so remodeling the guest bathroom. There was day's worth of painting involved, so we opened all the windows in the house to clear out the fumes. This included opening my bedroom window, which doesn't get opened much, and pulling back the curtains as well. Even after the window was closed back up, only the inner curtain that sits directly in the window frame (I've been meaning to replace this one) has been closed back up. The outer curtain that hangs from the wall is still open, and I think it looks prettier that way. Also, my room is brighter.

Anyways, the point is that my room feels...quieter now. My sister's room is still *extremely* chilly (in fact, possibly moreso than before), but mine isn't as bad anymore. Also, I don't get the feelings that something is staring at me at night. Could opening my curtains and windows have helped?
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post

Anyways, the point is that my room feels...quieter now. My sister's room is still *extremely* chilly (in fact, possibly moreso than before), but mine isn't as bad anymore. Also, I don't get the feelings that something is staring at me at night. Could opening my curtains and windows have helped?
        Possibly. After all, there are cultures that believe that when someone dies, you should open all the doors and windows so their spirit doesn't get trapped in the room.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I feel so left out, I have never had a paranormal experience in my life

What can I do to change that...can you make something happen to you?
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

The only "real" hauntings I've ever had have been from my dogs. Trixie crossed the Rainbow Bridge just last night. I'm sure she will be back to visit.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              I feel so left out, I have never had a paranormal experience in my life

What can I do to change that...can you make something happen to you?
              My advice? Do *not* go looking for an experience. People who actively go out and try to *make* something happen, whether by trying to piss an entity off or intentionally summon something to them, often get hurt.

If you want to open your senses a bit, though, then I suggest investing in either some rose quartz, agate, or limestone.
              Last edited by firecat88; 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM.
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                The only "real" hauntings I've ever had have been from my dogs. Trixie crossed the Rainbow Bridge just last night. I'm sure she will be back to visit.
                Sorry to hear about Trixie.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                  My advice? Do *not* go looking for an experience. People who actively go out and try to *make* something happen, whether by trying to piss an entity off or intentionally summon something to them, often get hurt.

If you want to open your senses a bit, though, then I suggest investing in either some rose quartz, agate, or limestone.
                  I've been carrying around a quartz for about 15 years now....hasn't helped.

I guess I"m more the type to not "summon" so much but I would like to go explore a place that's supposedly haunted.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    I've been carrying around a quartz for about 15 years now....hasn't helped.

I guess I"m more the type to not "summon" so much but I would like to go explore a place that's supposedly haunted.
                    Just don't go anywhere TOO nasty. Haven't had it myself, but I'm sure there are some hitchhikers if they like you enough. I've had some other stones that help with 'awareness' of things. Each stone is different for each person though. So far, with a bit of research, the stones that can raise awareness aside from Quarts would be Citrine, and Amethyst. There were others on the list, but these are the most common and easy to find, so I didn't list them. Just be careful with Amethyst; before I got used to them, they'd make me really sleepy.

You can also cleanse your current stone with some spring water and sea salt. Mix those together in a glass container (no plastic or metal), and cover the stone all the way; let it soak for at least 3-4 hours. You can let it stay in longer, but don't reuse the salt water for anything else, it's already used up. Hope that helps a little!
                    Last edited by Amusement Gal; 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM.
                    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

I've never really had any encounters, but I have had what I consider premonitions. For example, I dreamt about my dad being in the hospital, and a year later he was. I dreamt that we were at a hospital, where a family member was dying...within the year, my mother was in the hospital, dying of cancer. Most recently, I had a dream where I distinctly remember being told to call my 16 year old niece, one of their family members was sick or something. I woke with the eerie feeling of premonition, but tried to shake it off. Shortly thereafter found out that it was my niece that was sick, with a thyroid condition. A minor example which I'm not sure counts is when Mom was still alive, I would know every time when she called that it was her, without caller ID. I just...knew. I don't know why.
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I've had some vaguely premonitory dreams. The most notable case was I dreamt I saw Boss Man holding a fire extinguisher. When I got to work that day, I found out one of the boilers caught fire, and Boss Man had tried to put it out with an extinguisher. Other times, I'll dream that they'll be a speed trap in a certain spot, or I'll have a convo with Hubby, and later those things happen.

The problem is, though, I never know until after it happens. I thought I had it figured out, since the dreams had a certain "feel" to them (certain amount of vividness and lucidity). I had a dream once that my credit union was having a customer appreciation day and was celebrating with a taco bar, and the dream had that "feel". I waited all day for a taco bar to plop into my life. I even went to my credit union. No taco bar. By the end of the day, I was really craving tacos, but by then it was too late to go anywhere. So I don't trust myself if I think a dream is premonitory, because apparently I just can't tell.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Maybe the previous resident had a cat that died in the residence?
                          My husband's mom bought the house new, so we know it's not that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of his kitties. He had one, Amber, who was his kitty mommy. It doesn't worry me much, but as I said, no counting animals. Heh.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                            The problem is, though, I never know until after it happens. I thought I had it figured out, since the dreams had a certain "feel" to them (certain amount of vividness and lucidity). I had a dream once that my credit union was having a customer appreciation day and was celebrating with a taco bar, and the dream had that "feel". I waited all day for a taco bar to plop into my life. I even went to my credit union. No taco bar. By the end of the day, I was really craving tacos, but by then it was too late to go anywhere. So I don't trust myself if I think a dream is premonitory, because apparently I just can't tell.
                            Some dreams are premonitory. Others are just your subconscious on crack. XD The ones that are the former will happen just as you described it- If something *did* happen that your dream was trying to clue you in on, you'll know about it shortly after said dream.

Comment

My boyfriend insists that no spirits can enter this house, but I have to say that he's wrong about that. I know of at least one spirit, for certain, that he can't bar, since at least some of her ashes are physically present here; his previous girlfriend, who was also a friend of mine, and who passed away almost 2 years before BF and I became a couple. I've seen or heard her a few times, and felt her presence several other times, and I've let her know each time that I'm aware of her, and that I'm taking good care of her boyfriend, and that she's welcome to drop by anytime.

I've also been 'haunted' by the spirits of cats that have passed away, but it's never been at all scary or bad. They show up most often when I get settled in bed, and snuggle up just where they always ever did when they were alive, and start purring at me.

One of the places I worked at had several apparitions, but I don't think any of them were true ghosts, just echoes of people who had worked there in the past. Little snippets of 'video tape' as it were, endlessly repeating and fading a little bit with each circuit of the loop.

I've never encountered a shadow person, but then I've also always had guardians.

I tend, under some circumstances to be what I can really only describe as somewhat telepathic. It's not at all uncommon to be talking with someone and answer a comment or question just before they can type or voice it. This tends to freak people out just a tad around the third or fourth time I do it in a single conversation. Especially when it involves a major topic change that can't really be forshadowed by the conversation. Oddly, it seems to happen most frequently in text conversations.
                              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Ok, something seriously weird happened just now. I'm sitting in the cafe at school, just killing time before class, and it's surprisingly not crowded despite the fact that it's cold and snowy outside. So I'm just sitting here and I feel a huge blast of warm air blow by me, combined with the hair-standing-on-end-oh-God-what-is-behind-me feeling. I look behind me and no one is close enough to have just walked by. O.o Not sure what to make of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X