This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a job thanks to you guys!

Very loyal lurker here but looks like I will be posting since I start working at a local fast food place next week. I previously worked in an office and took several years off to care for 2 terminally ill relatives. So I have no previous experience in the food industry at all.

I had my interview today and the DM ask me a couple of "what if this situation happens, what would you do?" The answers I gave were things I learned lurking here. So thanks you guys!

Awesome! Congrats on the new job, and woo, we're helpful! To some degree! Go CSers! ^_^
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

cs.com: an EDUCATIONAL resource for dealing with massive amounts of suck
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Wait, clubbing an SC with a salmon is an appropriate response?

Congrats!
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

When is hitting a sc with a fish NOT the proper response?
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'd think at a Captain D's, it'd be required!
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              When it's Clue x Four Time!

(Sorry, closest we've got.)
              Last edited by sms001; 03-24-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Quoth mosspack1 View Post
                The answers I gave were things I learned lurking here.
                Wait, the vicious shit we said here was considered the appropriate responses to situations?

Two questions:

1. What company thinks this shit is appropriate? (I want to go work for them!)
                2. More likely to be answered: what situations, and what answers, were you referring to?!?!?!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

One question I remember was "what if you have an angry customer, what would you do?" After reading post here I knew to answer if I could not calm a CS, call a manager. Working in the office I was employed you were expected to handle any problems yourself because the boss was too busy (doing what I have no idea). You could not solve the problem yourself...well sucks to be you. So it never would have occured to me to call a manager before.

She also said "customer satifaction is our number 1 goal, do you understand?" I knew that to mean to expect to bend over when necessary so I have been mentally preparing for it.

Another was "it doesn't happen often but we do have customers that will call you an idiot or tell you to get a real job." Before reading here that sort of behavior would have shocked me. Not now.

So that is how CS helped me get a job

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Quoth sms001 View Post
                    When it's Clue x Four Time!
                    Or when it's or time.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                    X