Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable....what by the rules should be a 3-1 Bruins victory to force a game 7 is instead going to sudden death overtime. First, a missed off-sides call leads to a goal, then the Caps get away with blatantly interfering with Marchand (drawing blood in the process) and instead of a penalty, they ignore the interference and Washington scores on the play. Bullshit.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

4-3 Bruins in OT.....*phew*

Still should've been 3-1 in regulation, but at least the proper result in the end.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Canucks lose!!!

Seriously... I live in BC and I hate the Canucks. I'm glad their out and the local Canuckleheads can go back to being regular asses.

(BTW, I'm not a huge hockey fan to begin with, but I do like the Oilers and the Leafs.)
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
          Canucks lose!!!

Seriously... I live in BC and I hate the Canucks. I'm glad their out and the local Canuckleheads can go back to being regular asses.
          I am a canucks fan I and find you calling "Canuckleheads" asses, really offensive and uncalled for.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            25 games for a hit that I have seen far worse than in these very playoffs? Please.
            There are hits just as bad that aren't even getting warnings (like the hit on Boyle giving him a concussion Saturday).
            Last edited by Greenday; 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
              I am a canucks fan I and find you calling "Canuckleheads" asses, really offensive and uncalled for.
              I appologize if you felt offended, but I did say "local Canuckleheads", as in the Canuckleheads that are in the area around me. They are a breed apart from the regular fan.
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Just a reminder that EVERY team has some fans that are asses, douches, morons, knuckleheads, etc. I hope everyone remembers this when someone insults your favorite team, or the fans thereof. Chances are good that they are not referring to you, but the yahoos that make you cringe by being associated with them through your mutual fandom. I know that in my own case, there is not one team I root for that at some point, other fans of that team have made me want to hurl.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Folks, there's a report button at the top of each and every post. If you feel insulted, use it. Don't respond in the thread.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLL!!!!!!
                    Last edited by Dips; 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM. Reason: reduced post width for those of us with 15 inch monitors

Still A Customer."

Comment

Congrats to all who are cheering for teams still in it.....or at least made it in.

*curls up in corner, cries, dabs eyes with the tattered remains of his bracket*

Just kidding about that - but I laid the big 0-Fer in the western conference! I know that in baseball you get the "golden sombrero" if you strike out 3 times.......wonder what my "accomplishment" should be called.

At any rate, it has been mostly entertaining hockey so far. Still trying to figure out why the Rangers goalie has his panties in a bunch over Ottawa's 2nd goal last night.......there was a distinct kicking motion, but I'll be jiggered if I can see where it actually made contact with the puck.

Comment

Need the bump for my dear Rangers. Outstanding play by them tonight!
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth EyeTeaGuy View Post
                          I know that in baseball you get the "golden sombrero" if you strike out 3 times.......wonder what my "accomplishment" should be called.
                          Actually, the golden sombrero is for striking out four times in a game, so you pretty much just pulled a golden sombrero....unless you missed on some of the Eastern Conference as well?

For more on this and other inglorious feats in baseball, click here.

Still A Customer."

Comment

God, Panthers didn't beat the Devils. Oh well, time to retire their gear until next season and put on my Rangers and Coyote stuff on. TBH I hope the Coyotes win this year.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Actually, the golden sombrero is for striking out four times in a game, so you pretty much just pulled a golden sombrero....unless you missed on some of the Eastern Conference as well?

For more on this and other inglorious feats in baseball, click here.
                              Ah, gotcha.

Well, I fell 1 series short of the double golden sombrero - only team I picked to go forward into the 2nd round that DID was New Jersey, and they needed 7 games and 2 overtimes to beat the Panthers.

Heck - I didn't even get any of the number of games picks right. Ah well, que sera, sera!

And to think, 3 out of the 4 eastern conference upper seeds didn't make it - the Rangers SHOULD have a much easier road to the Finals. I won't be sad if they get there - when my family first got into hockey in the early 80s, whatever now extinct cable operator in NE Colorado carried the superstation that Rangers games were on, so they are kind of like the Cubs & Rockies for me - was a Cubs fan before the Rockies came along in 1993.

Still am a Cubs fan so long as they aren't playing the Rocks, though.

Comment

Seven games in the playoffs, and six overtimes, four of them wins. Guess we should have seen this coming, though, as they are, after all, the CoyOTes.

Yotes up 1-0 on the Preds after yet another overtime affair. Go Dogs!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X