This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my back wisdom tooth pulled

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could potential eat tomorrow that is not hot or spicy. Preferably something that is easy to eat on one side of the mouth.

A la peanut butter sandwiches!

(And other sandwiches...)

Comment

Pasta. I lived off of pasta, jello and applesauce. But I had 8 teeth removed. Ick.

Comment

I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled last year. I ate jello, pudding, warm chicken broth. I also drank Ensure. The Ensure helped make me feel less hungry.

Comment

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once. Soup is Your Friend.
          (Actually, anything soft is, LOL)

Comment

Oatmeal/malt-o-meal, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes...just cook them as usual but let them sit for 5 or 10 minutes to cool down before eating.

Comment

Cream of Wheat.

And don't think that just because everything seems to be going fine for a few days that you can handle popcorn if you're reeeeeallly careful. Cuz you can't.
              My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

good excuse to have milkshakes and soft serve ice cream

Comment

mashed potatoes with cheese or things like that as stir ins!

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                    good excuse to have milkshakes and soft serve ice cream
                    Just make sure you don't drink it (or anything else) through a straw! You don't want dry socket.

Comment

Ah, yes. The blender is your friend! Fruit smoothies, non-chunky soup, things you can add fiber and protein to.

When I had 4-impacted wisdom teeth removed I was so DESPERATE for anything that wasn't blended fruit that I tried to puree steak!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Once the novocaine wears off, I find I can pretty much eat anything, provided it's on the "good" side. But I heal fast.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had a back wisdom tooth removed on Dec 23rd last year. I ate soup and mushy food for the first day with the odd painkiller, then the next day I had no pain, and could eat normally. You could be lucky like I was!

I found that soft rolls were also really good to have with soup, they get some carbs into you. Baked potatoes are also very good! Mushy cereal like porridge and Weetabix are also good, as long as the porridge isn't too hot. Cheese and scrambled egg are also good ways of getting protein into you.

Hope you heal as quickly and painlessly as I did!

Comment

I was lucky, too. Both times I ate soft foods the first day (lukewarm soup mostly) and eating normally (but slowly) the next day. The second time we had a buffet dinner planned the day after and I didn't want people to cancel due to me and I didn't want to stay home so I went. Ate just fine, lol.

I still have two on the bottom that aren't an issue yet. I was happy to do it one at a time.

Good luck!

Comment

I had mine cut out (impacted lower wisdoms) back in the '80's. The operation was on a Friday afternoon. I lived on soup and tea (and antibiotics and painkillers, come to think of it) that weekend.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X