This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Tornados

Lovely, LOVELY storm system that plowed through Virginia this weekend apparently decided to drop a tornado behind our house. I heard it, and we promptly got into the "panic room".

Didn't realize that it actually WAS one until I spoke to my neighbor about it afterwards. One of our cats got out, and we'd been outside screaming for her, and our neighbor peeked outside to try and help. She looked up, saw the tornado touch down, and she promptly got the heck out of dodge at that point and went into her hallway closet.

Thankfully, we're all fine, our house wasn't even damaged, but everyone AROUND us was. Its crazy, cannot figure out how we managed to come out ok, but everyone around us got whomped.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Really glad you're ok. I got a call from the parental units this morning checking to see if we got hit by the storm and my response was "there was a storm?" I guess we were far enough north to get missed.

As for you being undamaged but everyone else hit, welcome to a tornado. They're about as random as Discord. A friend of mine up in Michigan got away with minimal damage when one went through his neighborhood, while his neighbors were almost completely destroyed.

Just glad you're safe, dear.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

You're telling me. Next door neighbor on one side had a tree driven through the front windshield of his car....guy on the other side had two trees fall on their place. People in front, hole in their roof now.

One of the "branches" that fell on our roof is quite literally a foot thick, I'm completely floored it didn't cause a massive amount of damage.

Counting my blessings here, and thanking the Lord profusely. geeeeh.

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK. Did you find the cat?
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
          Its crazy, cannot figure out how we managed to come out ok, but everyone around us got whomped.
          My guess is karma.

You deal with so much crap in a professional capacity that Mother Nature just doesn't want to be on your shit-list.
          Flood

Comment

o wow.

i was in virginia for a hurricane a few years back (isabel) but never for a tornado

Comment

I was at work when that happened >> I didn't even know about the tornado until someone said we were on tornado watch.

glad you guys are ok, hope the kitty is too.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Glad to hear you are OK. Did you find the cat?
                Ah yeah, we found her shortly after the tornado, I heard a frantic MROAAAAAAW at the back door, and she about bowled me over getting back in. She probably got a good look at the tornado.

Quoth Flood View Post
                My guess is karma.

You deal with so much crap in a professional capacity that Mother Nature just doesn't want to be on your shit-list.
                I laughed so hard at this, you have NO idea.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                  My guess is karma.

Except we know Seraph is Enemy of Nature. It's Father Weather not wanting to cross her.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Thankfully, we're all fine, our house wasn't even damaged, but everyone AROUND us was. Its crazy, cannot figure out how we managed to come out ok, but everyone around us got whomped.
                    Even a tornado knows whom not to fuck with.

Glad to hear kitty is OK. Poor things. *Sends petting and loving her way*
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My mom got worried about my area with flooding and she texted me saying "I need you to answer me, are you ok?" and I go "Yeah, the bad weather is not around me" and she goes "Oh I know" .

But glad you are ok.

Comment

Stay safe. Over here in south west VA, we're getting hit with weather just like the other day's
                        Flood

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          Ah yeah, we found her shortly after the tornado, I heard a frantic MROAAAAAAW at the back door, and she about bowled me over getting back in. She probably got a good look at the tornado.

I laughed so hard at this, you have NO idea.
                          Max and the Tornado [story about a cat and a storm belonging to a buddy of mine.]
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                            Stay safe. Over here in south west VA, we're getting hit with weather just like the other day's
                            I saw it just blow past a bit ago, got dark and the trees did that thing again, I freaked out. Luckily it veered around our town, so we got soaked, but the really bad part of it missed us.

Comment

I'm glad everyone's okay. Tornadoes are not happy-fun time.
                              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                              X