This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur hour

Ugh. I like fireworks. Really. I have friends that do pyrotechnics for a living. But right now (since it's not quite dark) all I'm getting is the local idiots that want to set their house or car on fire with whatever they could get from the store. And since our local city isn't doing any show this year, I'm expecting it to go on until close to dawn.

Crap.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Yep. That's usually what we get around here. It's strangely quiet right now....worries me a bit because it probably means they'll be at it later, and I have to work tomorrow.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat, my street has already started with the Amatuer hour, the park starts at 10 for their show.

Comment

My hind brain keeps telling me we're finally getting some rain to break this heat, and I have to keep reminding it that, no, actually it's national "morons-trying-to-burn-down-their-house-with-explosions day" (as opposed to national "morons-trying-to-burn-down-their-house-with-frozen-avians day")
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Ten minutes to 10 and I've apparently moved to Fallujah. I now fully understand why my late friend that spent years in the Israeli army would drug herself unconscious every July 4th.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've been listening to illegal fireworks from Mexico for a couple of weeks, now.

The stupid parolee druggies across the street with the 20 people in their house have been stting off a couple of things every so often. >_< I'm not sure how much I'm going to put up with out of them before I call them cops on their dumb asses.

If they give me any trouble, I'm telling the cops where the dumb shit keeps his drugs stashed... he thinks he's so slick, but he's way too obvious.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ah. July 5th. Peace and quiet.

At least it doesn't feel like I'm living in a war z-

***BOOOOOMMMM****

Oh, wait. That was just thunder. Never mind.

Comment

My friends and I pooled our fireworks, and it turns out that we're a bunch of flippin' pyromaniacs! We've got, and I am not exagerating here, a car trunk FULL of assorted fireworks. And this is what's LEFT after setting off a bunch yesterday. We're going to get together Saturday and go out to a local spot that's perfect for blowing stuff up to set what we've still got off. It's mostly the big, REALLY noisy stuff, like mortar shells and such.

The smaller stuff we spent a very enjoyable couple of hours setting off, and the kid of one of my friends is showing definite signs of catching the pyromaniac bug.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Fireworks were banned in my area and in the city this year, not for great reasons either... And the heat and the storms moving through the area made everyone go "meh". I did have a good BBQ with a friend, he brought steaks and chicken legs - yum! I was stuffed. But that night, when I expected the neighbors to be making some boomy noises... Nothing.

Comment

Fireworks have been illegal in my state for a while now. And the state troopers aggressively patrol the entrances into NJ. Seems like a lot of overtime being given out.

Local cops don't really seem to care as much. A few towns over is usually one of the biggest shows in the country. They didn't have it this year because no one wanted to pay the police for all the extra overtime for dealing with the insane amount of drunks out there. I figured this would mean tons of people lighting fireworks off last night, but around 10pm, my neighbor's kids started to light off fireworks. They got a couple off then it started to pour rain. Rain lasted five minutes but clearly that was enough to send them home. Didn't hear a peep after that.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Must be nice. My state has a wonderfully boneheaded law regarding fireworks. You can purchase them legally, but possession and use is illegal. You're supposed to buy them and then take them out of state to someplace you can legally set them off. (Don't ask, I don't get it either...)

Pretty much everyone forgets the second part of that....

Comment

Working...
                      X