Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing it's twofold: Basting people with alcoholic beverages, as a purveyor of joyous booze

or

Your enjoyment in entering cooking competitions?

That's all I got.

No, wait. I also have fudge. Yummy fudge.

Excuse me, I must be going now...

Comment

Never tease me with fudge. Especially if it's vanilla fudge.

I don't have a problem, honest. I can control it. I can. No, really....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Just got Lupo's permission. Now before I post her parody, I feel it deserves a little bit of an extra introduction. You see, I was reading through her archives, when I stumbled upon the entry "It's Not Delivery... It's De-Lupo". The first time I read it, I got the "DiGiorno" reference. But the second time, I was suddenly inspired to write this parody of "De-Lovely" by Cole Porter (as well as all of the others):

The day is young, the aisles are clear
        But if you want to go walkin' here
        There'll be someone, They'll be Crazy, Cause it's Lupo

I understand the reason why
        You're magnetic personality's an alibi
        They're in Kroger's, They're in Target, Cause it's Lupo

You can tell at a glance what a bad time this is to take your chance
        Please don’t weep, creep, after she makes fun of your “Miniature"

So use your wit, for heaven' sake, and when you get home, you get to bake
        It's delightful, it's delicious, it's delectable, it's delirious,
        It's dilemma, it's de limit, it's deluxe, Cause it's Lupo

Time marches on, and soon it's plain
        You've won our hearts cause they've lost their brains.
        It's delightful, it's delicious, Cause it's Lupo.

The end seems near, but then a snark
        You have a chance for a snide remark
        It's delightful, it's delicious, Cause it's Lupo

Now to address some reader response:

Crossbow: It's weird that you think that, because, and feel free to tell me if this is a little crazy, but I had this idea of a road company of CS.com performing parody songs (and, no, not just mine ) ala the "Capitol Steps" only for Customer Service.

Jester: I have been considering it. However, it requires just the right mix of Song, with Persons Posting History, and insanity to make it work, and unfortunately, the ingredients just haven't been right, yet.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

It's all cool. If/when you get the right mix, fire away, dude. I honestly look forward to it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I don't get it.
            You're a competitive cook.
            (I added bold/italic highlighting.)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Dale, you are a very funny and witty person. And this was definitely not some of your best work. Come on, dude, I expect more from you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                It's all cool. If/when you get the right mix, fire away, dude. I honestly look forward to it.
                You asked for it.

**NOTE: This has some slight swearing, well, because it's Jester.***

(Tune of "Jesus, He Knows Me")

You see the guy walk the barroom floor
                He'll be there every week day
                See the guy with the bottle
                Pouring the rum

In the center of the crowded room
                There's no question why he's smiling
                You come to see paradise
                He can make you numb

He'll get most anything you wanted
                He'll get most anything you need
                Just don't be a cheap bastard
                And bring your ID

Cause Jester he cards all, and you know he's right
                No one's gonna give Jester a big fine
                Yes, he cards all, and you know he's right
                And it's the only way that he'll serve you tonight

ENJOY!

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

Someone needs to start....the slow clap.

<stands and applauds>
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                    Crossbow: It's weird that you think that, because, and feel free to tell me if this is a little crazy, but I had this idea of a road company of CS.com performing parody songs (and, no, not just mine ) ala the "Capitol Steps" only for Customer Service.
                    Ok, it's a little crazy, but it actually sounds like a hoot. Capital Steps, Forbidden Broadway, Customers Suck. Yeah, I think it'd work.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

You asked for it.
                      Damn straight!

**NOTE: This has some slight swearing, well, because it's Jester.***
                      Now THAT cracked me up. Thing is...there really wasn't any swearing in it. Not complaining, just observing.

(Tune of "Jesus, He Knows Me")
                      Hmmm...not familiar with that song....and can't really listen to it here at the bar, with the music playing over the sound system, so gonna have to listen to it and read it when I get home. (Yep, I just got off work, and sitting--where else?--at the bar, having a beer and playing on my laptop.)

No one's gonna give Jester a big fine
                      I assume, by the context of the rest of the verse, you meant "fight."

That minor detail aside (sorry, can't help myself with the whole editing thing), it was damn brilliant, and captured me pretty damn well. Bravo, sir, bravo.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I think the big fine alludes to the fact that if a bar sells to underage/etc (thus the need to ID) they receive big fines..and sometimes that would also apply to the bartender???
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Definitely a possibility. Wondering if that was intentional as per the situation you cite or merely a typo. Very curious....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I assume, by the context of the rest of the verse, you meant "fight."

That minor detail aside (sorry, can't help myself with the whole editing thing), it was damn brilliant, and captured me pretty damn well. Bravo, sir, bravo.
                            Nope, "fine". From what I understand, you can get fined, as well as the bar, if you sell alcohol to minors, which is why you card (ie: context of the chorus).

At least that was what I was told. Could be wrong.

SC

Comment

You are correct. I was mistaken. Won't be the last time, I assure you!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Now THAT cracked me up. Thing is...there really wasn't any swearing in it. Not complaining, just observing.
                                Just don't be a cheap bastard
                                I do believe this is commonly considered a "swear word".

SC

Comment

Working...
                                X