Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who NEW season (contains spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who NEW season (contains spoilers)

My non-spoiler review of Asylum of the Daleks:

It was fast, furious and fun.

The Daleks were scary again. The Ponds - aww! There was a great twist that I sort of saw coming, but not exactly. It was cool that it is no great series-spanning mystery plot. That said, there are some questions hanging about the new girl...

When do you guys across the ocean get to see it?
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

We got it last night, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I saw that on the cable guide last night...but we don't get BBC America
      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I figured out the twist at the end.

Stephen Moffat has got to go, though.
        I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

I can't wait till either hulu or netflix has the new one! I am now totally a doctor who junkie.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thought it was great. Although I loved, loved, loved the last season, I'm glad they've gone back to the style of individual adventures.

Matt Smith just keeps getting better and better. I'm actually starting to find David Tennant cringey now.

Comment

I'm OK with David Tennant and Matt Smith, but I really liked Chris Eccleston. [OK, Tom Baker is *my* Doctor ... but still]

And I think of all the accumulated characters of all the series, my absolute favorite is The Last Centurion. Just think, 2000 years waiting patiently.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                I'm actually starting to find David Tennant cringey now.
                NEVER!!!!!!
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  NEVER!!!!!!
                  Sorry But whenever I think of him now I just picture him running, wide eyed and with his teeth gritted

Comment

I love all the Doctors. Each incarnation has his quirks, and I've come to accept and love all the little things about each one. Even the annoying bits. Matt Smith has really stepped into the role and has created a beautiful portrayal.

The new episode was, well, epic. I see what they mean when they call these five eps "cinematic," and can't wait for the next one. And the one after that. And I'm going to miss the Ponds, but if the other episodes match up to this one, it'll be a wonderful and fantastic wild ride.

Comment

Sorry But whenever I think of him now I just picture him running, wide eyed and with his teeth gritted
                      Think of wibbly wobbly timey wimey....stuff.

I can't picture him without thinking of him adjusting his glasses, and tapping his sonic screwdriver against the side of his face. /timelordcrush
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        Think of wibbly wobbly timey wimey....stuff.
                        And now I have the dr who a Capella version in my brain....thaaaanks...
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Watched the new episode on my DVR this morning, as I was way, WAY too drunk last night to even think about it....and if I had watched it, I wouldn't have remembered it. (Key West Brewfest. 'Nuff said.)

Loved the new episode. Thought it was awesome. Would love to see the new girl more...in any way possible. (She's a hottie.)

Matt Smith just keeps getting better and better.
                          Agreed. Been watching some back espisodes lately, including "The Girl Who Waited," which was awesome, and "The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe," which was a tearjerker, and really like Smith.

I'm actually starting to find David Tennant cringey now.
                          Blasphemy!

As I said, been watching some back episodes, and been enjoying Tennant again, in many ways. Actually realized there was one Tennant episode I never saw, and was glad to see it run on BBCA, since Comcast is only doing Season 3 and on for On Demand, and this was a Season 2 episode.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                          And I'm going to miss the Ponds, but if the other episodes match up to this one, it'll be a wonderful and fantastic wild ride.
                          I am not happy with this development at all.

Not because of the storytelling, which will be fine.

But because Karen Gillan is pretty much the hottest woman on television right now. (Have I ever mentioned my weakness for redheads?)

I could not get enough of that one bit: "Scared? Who's scared?" So bloody hot, that one.

I need to get me a Scottish girl. Ya think?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

oswin's actress is in fact the new companion but probably not the same character.

I like Matt Smith and this was a great episode but I agree Steven Moffatt needs to go, I actually miss russell t davies at this point.

sure there were dumb episodes but the show was fairly consistent with the characters whereas amy's character varies so much episode to episode and honestly can someone look at river song and realize that she is not in fact 25? I mean that's how she's being written, as though she was much younger than she actually is.

And again how come he lets the daleks live or previously give them a chance to surrender but the silence who we saw kill one person only need to be completely wiped out.
                            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

HERE THERE BE SPOILERS, SKIP IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE NEW EPISODE

Quoth gremcint View Post
                              oswin's actress is in fact the new companion but probably not the same character.
                              There are a number of theories on this. I, for one, am very curious to see how the characters relate.

I like Matt Smith and this was a great episode but I agree Steven Moffatt needs to go, I actually miss russell t davies at this point.
                              People keep saying this, I don't quite understand why. Moffatt seems to have a deeper understanding of the subtleties of the various characters and enemies, and he delves into areas of Who-lore that have barely been touched upon. I'm convinced he's brilliant, and that his life-long obsession with Who has served him well.

sure there were dumb episodes but the show was fairly consistent with the characters whereas amy's character varies so much episode to episode and honestly can someone look at river song and realize that she is not in fact 25? I mean that's how she's being written, as though she was much younger than she actually is.
                              1. Amy is actually quite consistent. There's only one thing she fears - disappointing either Rory or the Doctor. She's brash, strong, intense, and loving, but absolutely terrified of losing the two men who matter most in her life. Having lost both of them at various points in the past, this has become a pathology for her, and has become a driving force. If you watch the Pond Life mini-sodes, it's particularly obvious there.

2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the bit about River. She's a time-traveler, so, like the Doctor, we cannot be sure as to her age. Although she has given up her remaining regenerations, having used two, there's still no clear indication as to how long she can live. There's also the aspect that she never had a real childhood, and she's an uber-genius who has not just a penchant for getting in to trouble, but an almost insane NEED to constantly be on the edge; the classic presentation of an adrenaline junkie looking for her next fix.

And again how come he lets the daleks live or previously give them a chance to surrender but the silence who we saw kill one person only need to be completely wiped out.
                              Re-watch the episode. There's a bit in there about how the Doctor has essentially created the Daleks by his constant pursuit of them. That their fear of him, of his desire to wipe them from the universe has caused them to become the vessels of pure hatred that we know and severely dislike. Oswin's erasing of their memory of him has removed that fear, and pressed the reset button. They are still the engines of hatred they've always been, but their driving force of KILL THE DOCTOR has vanished, and that leaves the hope that they can change or evolve into something better. The Doctor lives for that bit of hope.

The Silence essentially enslaved humanity. They didn't just kill one person: They changed the entire course of history on Earth to suit their own ends. That is anathema to the Doctor - the idea that a few beings can manipulate and destroy the natural progression of a species in order to gain power and control. Who knows what humanity would have become if the Silence hadn't interfered.

Comment

Working...
                              X