Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...can't anyone suggest a My Little Pony wedding?
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I am a MLP fan, but sorry no MLP themes for the wedding.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
        Knights of the Round Table?

*squees and jumps up and down*
        Some friends of ours (who were married prior to me meeting them) did a theme sort of like this. Here's a rough description of their outfits, based solely on photos:

Bridesmaids: different coloured dresses, with detail on the busts, then plain fabric afterwards, dropping from the waist. They all wore fairy wings and it looked like sandals (the wedding was outdoors).

Bride: Somewhat larger fairy wings, with a simple white dress and bolero over the top. It was a gown-like dress with a lace overlay. And from another photo, it appeared to be empire-line (dropping from the bust, instead of from the waist...I know that sounds strange)

Groom: suit jacket, what appeared to be a white vest, no tie. His "knight" accessories consisted of what appeared to be metal shoulder guards, extending down to roughly the elbow. He also had a chainmail "necklace" of sorts extending around him, which covered his shoulders. Normal pants and shoes. He also had a brooch of some sort. (he also carried a sword)

Grooms folks (one of them was female...I think?): your average suit and tie, with the ties matching the bridesmaids dresses. Each groom had a scabbard over their shoulder and a sword.

Their cake was a three-tier, but I don't know what was inside it. The cakes were individually set however, rather than being one huge 3-layer monstrosity. The decorations were fairies, flowers and whatnot.

So hopefully that might give you guys some ideas for your wedding. Also it's proof that you don't need to wear a huge chainmail ensemble for the whole day.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I am a MLP fan, but sorry no MLP themes for the wedding.
          BUT!...BUT!!....awwww....

SHE COULD'VE BEEN CADENCE. But then she'd have to be evil for a bit, someone would be needed to kidnap her, a crystal cave would need to be located... <babbles on>

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

SHE COULD'VE BEEN CADENCE. But then she'd have to be evil for a bit, someone would be needed to kidnap her, a crystal cave would need to be located... <babbles on>
            *looks utterly mystified*
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Watch MLP season 2 final story to understand what Seraph is fangirling over.

Also, if you're either really resistant to actually watching the show (or can't get it where you are) and you don't mind something mildly spoilerish, you could just watch this video over at Youtube.

I take absolutely no responsibility if that tune gets stuck in your head, however. >_>

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Exactly. Season 2 finale of My Little Pony was all about the Royal Canterlot Wedding. Which, in fact, they just did a big thing about in London this month with some store called Selfridges. They did a party themed on it, gave out an extremely rare Rainbow Dash card, and everything.

But yep yep, big huge wedding, had entire Brony community swooning.

And yes, I'm totally fangirling, and I will show myself out now.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Somebody's got to pony up...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have to admit I know scarcely anything about My Little Pony......

I do love the idea of the King Arthur theme though... I think we has a plan here.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

It does go with the Medieval theme we wanted angel, and I love the idea of the armor. *smiles* Since we can have a dragon emblem, works for the dragon theme also.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Who's going to be Merlin?

Comment

Well normally that would be Raps. As Merlin was the most powerful person in the lands.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            It does go with the Medieval theme we wanted angel, and I love the idea of the armor. *smiles* Since we can have a dragon emblem, works for the dragon theme also.
                            And as I mentioned, a friend of mine just had shoulder guards and a chain mail circlet underneath his monkey suit
                            So it doesn't need to be a full suit of armour.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I think that something like the grooms costume in this would look awesome (though it's up to Myt of course) and I love the brides gown too;

http://www.nineladiesdesign.co.uk/#/cally/4533700166

Comment

You might also want to look at some of the dresses over at HolyClothing. There are a few they have that are quite regularly worn as wedding dresses by a variety of women.

Unfortunately, their availability can be a bit sporadic since they make everything by hand.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X