This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    You might also want to look at some of the dresses over at HolyClothing. There are a few they have that are quite regularly worn as wedding dresses by a variety of women.

Unfortunately, their availability can be a bit sporadic since they make everything by hand.

^-.-^
    *googles them*

*clicks on the dresses*

*drools*
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

*laughs* Well I've told Marm I would even do the 'monkey suit' if that was what she wanted, but honestly..no monkey suit for me. I'd rather it be a REAL monkey suit (as in..a gorilla costume) then the tie/etc. Rather then that, she could say "It is a tie or you dress as a fairy princess..wings and all." and I would go as the fairy princess first. If that gives any idea how much I dislike the thought of a tie.

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      I think that something like the grooms costume in this would look awesome (though it's up to Myt of course) and I love the brides gown too;

http://www.nineladiesdesign.co.uk/#/cally/4533700166
      I LOVE that look. Only thing I would like to add is the dragon emblem on the breast plate area. Other then that..it is perfect.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Now... all I have to do is figure out how my secret longing to have a fairgound carousel there as well, could be somehow fitted into a mediaeval theme........
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

It will be our wedding angel, if you wanted a carousel there..we can have a carousel there.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It would be so awesome to have the actual wedding performed on the carousel

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It would be so awesome to have the actual wedding performed on the carousel

^-.-^
              Yes, though I might need something like dramamine (spelling). I do tend to have a bit of motion sickness. Wouldn't do to have the groom vomit.

Comment

You could even have medieval themed cookies as your wedding favours/name tags. Perhaps a shield for the gents with their names on, and a crown for the ladies? All the weddings I've been to, the favours get thrown away after a while, so it makes more sense to make it pull double duty, KWIM?
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Oooh, yes. Edible party favors are always a good idea. :3 At my sister's wedding, they put together little goodie bags containing GORP (minus the R, which made me sad because I love raisins), stuff to make s'mores, and my mother-in-law's famous ginger cookies that I still need to get the recipe for.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                    Oooh, yes. Edible party favors are always a good idea. :3 At my sister's wedding, they put together little goodie bags containing GORP (minus the R, which made me sad because I love raisins), stuff to make s'mores, and my mother-in-law's famous ginger cookies that I still need to get the recipe for.
                    What is GORP? is it anything like scroggin?

Comment

GORP = raisins, peanuts, and M&Ms.
                      And, apparently, both it and scroggin are regional terms for trail mix.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        You could even have medieval themed cookies as your wedding favours/name tags. Perhaps a shield for the gents with their names on, and a crown for the ladies? All the weddings I've been to, the favours get thrown away after a while, so it makes more sense to make it pull double duty, KWIM?
                        I love the idea of edible favours, and I also thought these were a lovely idea....

http://www.thegreengables.co.uk/buy-...er-bunting.htm

I was thinking, the bunting could be hung up for decoration during the wedding, then each guest could pull a heart off and take it home, and plant it.
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That bunting is awesome.

^-.-^

Comment

And, apparently, both it and scroggin are regional terms for trail mix.

^-.-^
                            Ah.

I remember when my sister had to make some scroggin for her first trip with Scouts (she was about 9 or 10, she's now in Rovers and 18). Mum had no idea what she referred to until AFTER they'd bought everything for it. (you can get pre-mixed trail mix). My sister does hers with Starburst Jellybeans. (I've done mine with M&Ms)

Comment

Nuts & fruits for the fruits and nuts.

Eeew! Well, Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand.

This librarian's swinging off to the bar tonight.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That bunting is awesome.

^-.-^
                                Isn't it just?

As Iradney says, most wedding favours get thrown away after a week or so... hopefully this would be a more permanent, pretty and also environmentally friendly alternative.

Comment

Working...
                                X