This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey can i have your bike?

Just a few minutes ago i was riding with my brother, and a few of his friends. They stopped into the liquor store to get some sodas and i waited outside when this loud mouth asshole bellows from across the street: Kitty=
    LMA=Loud Mouth Asshole
    BAF=Brother and friends

Kitty: *waits outside for brother and friends to get a soda. (they were walking and i had my bike. we were on our way to my house we met up along the way)

LMA: Hey Can I have your bike?

Kitty: Uhhh... no...but you can buy one at the cycle shop half a block down. they are having a sale and they have about 50 left for $300 apiece

LMA: WHAT?? *throws down his backpack and proceeds to run across the street*

At this time my brother and friends come out and look at the guy. He stops and is like I grin

Kitty: Something wrong bud?

LMA: Uhh no. nonono... i was just running to ask you if you want to sell your bike for $150.00 Thats all.

Kitty: Nah. Im not gonna sell. I use this bike on a daily basis.

LMA: Ahhh...its cool...its cool. *runs back across the street towards his backpack. looks at us and waves before running off*

we all laugh at his mistake. I know damned well he wasn't going to come and ask the price of my bike. He wanted to fight because i told him to buy his own bike.

also... im a blackbelt in karate and can streetfight very well if need be. But i choose to avoid fights if i can. if and when i do fight its usually fist fights and i try and hold back on street fighting becuase it can get brutal. But its good to have backup just in case.

My brother and his friends were ready to have my back in case this guy tried anything. But just to be safe we are going to keep a lookout for him in case he tries anything else.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: fixed formatting tag
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Reminds me a lot of the bum that came within inches of assaulting me months ago, which I commented on in this post, under the heading "Trouble in Paradise." Dude was actually offended that I wouldn't just GIVE him my backpack.

"Can I just have that?" No. You can't. It's mine. I paid for it. Fuck off. Go get a job. Asswipe.

And that's directed at the guy who came after me, the guy who came after your bike, and everyone else who tries to get shit for free, either by force, threatened force, or by being a lazy shit, like the shiftless 20somethings that will hang outside of a convenience store and, when they see someone coming out with a twelvepack, will ask, "Can I have one of those?" They made the mistake of doing that with me one time, and of course got a very curt "No." They persisted. "Why not?" Because they're mine. I paid for them. If you want your own beer, go get your own job, make your own money and buy your own beer.

And it's not just bums. During Spring Break and Fantasy Fest, it's common for the whole bead exchange thing, girls asking for beads, etc. I'm cool with that, that's part of the tradition. But when I am wearing one of my cool and funky hats, and a girl asks, "Can I have your hat?" that's annoying. But even more annoying than that is, after I politely tell them no, just like the bum kids who wanted my beer for free, they persist: "Why not?" Because it's mine.

It's one thing when a girl who's been kissing on me asks me for my cool Rolling Stones shirt. (I told her no, too, but far more nicely.) But for some random chickadee to just come up to me in the street, say how cool my hat is (thank you for that) and then just ask if they can HAVE it? Um, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no. And what part of no DON'T you understand?

Sorry, a bit pissy today. Can you tell? But still, I hate people like this.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

People are a lot like that with cigarettes too, It's not my fault that you can't plan ahead for your habit, so don't ask me to mess up mine by asking to "borrow" a cigarette, and then getitng pissy with me because i said no. It's not like I'd get that exact same cigarette backl anyway even if you were trustwrthy/reliable to give me one back.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Sooooooooooo Jester can I have your hat

*runs and hides*
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Just the opposite once happened to a friend of mine.

He and I - and, I think, another friend - were hanging around a graveyard when we were in high school, which was a common thing for us. It was getting dark, and some guy who'd already had more than a few, by the look and smell of him, offered us all a beer.

Keep in mind, we were all teenagers. Not one of us was near legal drinking age.

My friend took a beer, chugged it, and belched. The guy wandered off, maybe looking for other young people to intoxicate.

Comment

I'm amazed at the sheer testicular fortitude and lack of common sense with some people.

I'm not so inclined to give strangers cigarettes, it rather annoys me when someone just waltzes up and wants a smoke.

Thankfully, no one has ever asked me for anything else on my person, and I'm glad to say that, and knock on wood, hope it stays that way.

What the hell is wrong with people?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              I've had people come up and demand to use my cellphone only to get pissed off when I tell them 'NO'. I told one particular douchenozzle that until he paid my cellphone bill then he could take a fucking walk - he tried to grab my phone out of my hand (I'd just been using it) so I kicked him in the nuts. Hopefully I taught him a lesson to not demand to use people's cellphones, especially mine.
              I doubt he planned to give it back, so good going on that one.

I've had strangers ask me for money, and then cuss me up one side and down the other when I refuse. One was persistent, "Why? It's just a dollah. It's just a dollah."

I didn't argue with him. I just said no again, and found a crowded place quickly, where I was able to lose him and move on.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                I've had strangers ask me for money, and then cuss me up one side and down the other when I refuse. One was persistent, "Why? It's just a dollah. It's just a dollah."
                It's not "just a dollah" it's "just my dollah."

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've had people come up and demand to use my cellphone only to get pissed off when I tell them 'NO'. I told one particular douchenozzle that until he paid my cellphone bill then he could take a fucking walk - he tried to grab my phone out of my hand (I'd just been using it) so I kicked him in the nuts. Hopefully I taught him a lesson to not demand to use people's cellphones, especially mine.
                  I've gotten this before and it just baffles me. I was on a call once and had a guy offer me money to use my phone. No, I'm not dumb. I'm pretty sure as soon as I hand it over you are going to take off with it.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    I'm not so inclined to give strangers cigarettes, it rather annoys me when someone just waltzes up and wants a smoke.
                    As a lifelong nonsmoker, I've often been amused by the whole "bumming smokes" thing. Typical conversation in a bar between two people who don't know each other:

STRANGER 1: "Hey, can I bum a smoke?"
                    STRANGER 2: "Oh, sure, here ya go."

Alternatively, it may go like this:

STRANGER 1: "Hey, can I bum a smoke?"
                    STRANGER 2: "Sorry, I'm down to my last one."

So either a person is giving their stuff to a complete stranger, or else apologizing for not having enough stuff to give to a complete stranger. I always found that odd in general, but in particular as a drinker. Because that kind of shit would never fly when it comes to alcohol.

STRANGER 1: "Hey, can I bum a beer?"
                    STRANGER 2: "What? I don't even know you. Get the hell out of here!"

And yet these two conversations could happen between the exact same people.

And yes, I know, a single beer or cocktail costs significantly more than a single cigarette. I get it.

But they are both vices, they are both social vices, and yet the random begging of strangers is perfectly acceptable in one vice, but not in the other.

I've had people come up and demand to use my cellphone only to get pissed off when I tell them 'NO'.
                    I don't even usually let my friends use my cell phone. Maybe I give off that vibe, though, because strangers rarely ask me if they can use mine.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Random person: Hey can I use your phone?
                      Me: Sure, can I hold your wallet/ID while you do?
                      RP: What!? No, that's private, personal property!
                      Me: So's my phone.

Comment

Working...
                      X