This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I won the Lottery!

I commented over here in the CS blanket fort that if I had a bunch of money I would get a custom form fit mattress for sleeping.

What sort of absurd comfort thing would you get for yourself [or someone else] if you suddenly won a huge lottery?
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

I would probably end up buying myself a double daybed
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Almost no comfort thing for me would be absurd; pretty much everything from a custom bed to a custom recliner to a heated-and-covered swimming pool would assist with my illness.

So....

My mother-in-law would get a visit to her choice of sports shoe store and open slather on walking/running shoes for her orienteering and rogaining.

My husband and my best friend would each get computer chairs and desks of their choice.

We'd get a new couch for the living room.

We'd get a table and chair set for the sewing machine and the overlocker.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'd get all my clothes custom made, including my underwear.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My dream kitchen, with Caesar stone counters, gas stove, two ovens for baking, and loads of storage for my pots, pans, baking stuff etc. And a fancy cappuccino machine for TTO
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Get the house fixed and have my kitchen remodeled AND bathroom remodeled Then we might sell the house and move into a bigger one, lol!

Aw wait, hubs wants to have a patio added to the back yard and a hot tub. I just want a bigger house with more than one bathroom :P
            Last edited by Caffienated_Caramel; 10-26-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              My dream kitchen, with Caesar stone counters, gas stove, two ovens for baking, and loads of storage for my pots, pans, baking stuff etc. And a fancy cappuccino machine for TTO
              I thought we were talking about absurd comfort things!
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I would be retiring to a place on earth that has never seen snow and the temperature has never been below freezing. Doesn't matter where, but those two are a must.

Comment

Sydney, Australia, and north of there. Or the north of New Zealand's North Island.

Or anywhere else in the latitude band from there to the equator, or the northern equivalent. Preferably coastal places: the sea acts as a heat sink and thermal moderator.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

A car that is both roomy and comfortable for me.
                    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                    Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

A castle with full wi-fi coverage and furnishings would do nicely for me; newly built, working order castle with drawbridge etc, but also electricity.

Comment

Surprisingly little for myself. Maybe one of those specialty baths for people who it is hard to get in and out of the bath. Maybe a special mattress/bed. Other then that..*shrugs* Pay off all my bills, fly to England..*smiles*
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

A bath long and big enough for my 6'7" fiance to be able to lie down in.
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            I thought we were talking about absurd comfort things!
                            Baking and cooking comforts me
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Heated floors for the bathroom.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X