Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Smiley. May the force be with you. Log your expenses (both interviewing and moving), Remember Nevada does not have a state income tax.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I know it's a long, looooong, ways away but we have an entry level accounting position open at my company. In Massachusetts...

Comment

Fingers crossed, sending bunches of good thoughts your way!
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Well, it was somewhat of a bust... they have decided not to expand at this time, but I am at least on their short list for when they do expand... which considering the job market in Salt Lake, it won't matter how long that takes, I'll still be available... if I haven't killed myself first and done the economy a favor (one less unemployable bum)
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              (one less unemployable bum)
              Not even close! I'm kinda in the same predicament ---living in an area I despise, unbelievably under-employed for going on five years now.

But we'll get through, some how, some way, smiley.

And if you're not exaggerating for emphasis, PLEASE consider whatever counseling services are available around you. I know all too well how much self-worth is tied up in our jobs (whether it should be or not) and know that it really wears on you.

It helps me a little to put goals far enough out to be realistic, but close enough that I can look forward to them, ie.; "I'll have three good interviews in the next six months." Don't always achieve them, but they gain me a little time.

Comment

Damn it. I was so hoping you'd get that job, too!

That's it. Time to throw down the big guns. Today, while I am out at the bar, I am drinking a beer in your honor, and I shall lift my glass Westward to you.

Don't laugh. This will work, damn it!

(And if it doesn't, at least he will have gotten a laugh out of it, right?)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  (And if it doesn't, at least he will have gotten a laugh out of it, right?)
                  I'm sure he will , I did.

I'll do the same in a little while. A general western direction will work, right?

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                    A general western direction will work, right?
                    well, from where you are you might want to do slightly south of west

And I'd like to thank everyone for their support. I just really need to find something before I have to turn to looting. And I know there is all the Fratching worthy arguments about welfare, but in my case I can say without entering Fratching territory, my situation is not what welfare was designed for, it's designed for the people who are out of work through no fault of their own, I'm out of work because I chose to resign without proper due diligence to insure that I actually had a job lined up.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Smiliey - I've been there before. It was hard as hell to swallow my pride and apply for welfare.

It's not a badge of shame - you just need a hand up.

And you'll do it bud. You will be a phoenix.

I know you will.

B
                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        well, from where you are you might want to do slightly south of west
                        I think it worked out fine. I used the sunset as the direction marker and at this time of year the sun goes down at west-south-west .

Welfare, at least in Denmark, is designed to tide people over difficult times, a social safety net. You have paid your taxes and you will pay more when you get work again. There is no shame in pulling a bit out of that account.
                        If you didn't want to work even though you could, then things would be different.

Comment

Working...
                        X