Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...My salad days, When I was green in judgment, cold in blood...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...My salad days, When I was green in judgment, cold in blood...

**WARNING: May be gross. Please set beverages aside prior to reading.**

So, I was reading through some old threads, and was reminded of a story from my days in High School.

[Background]
    I was a fairly typical nerd. Pretty much a loner. I would often be seen sitting and reading for fun. I had a pretty easy going disposition, and it took quite a bit to get a reaction out of me.
    [/Background]

One day (late 90's, I think I was a Junior) I was sitting in Study Hall, at my assigned seat, reading a true crime book. This particular book detailed murders (mainly European) that also involved deviant sexual practices.

A couple of the students decided to start picking on me. One asked "Are you gay?" I ignored them. Then "I think you are, I bet you're gay."

They had been picking on me in various ways for a few months at that point, and at this point, they finally got a response. I said, "Well, I think you're a necrophiliac." (The particular story I was reading involved this.)

After a few seconds of stunned silence, they asked me what it meant, and I ignored them again. When they eventually figured it out, one said "I'm going to tell the teacher."

In what was unusual for someone with my fidgety/nervous temperament, I barely glanced up from my book to acknowledge that they were in fact talking to the teacher. I kind of figured #1.) They provoked it, and #2.) I didn't use any inappropriate language (ie: swear).

Anyway, and this is the best part, when they came back, a friend of their's asked what the teacher had said. The teacher had told them that they probably deserved it.

Ah, what a meek person can get away with.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

My reaction:

The first because... I really am eating popcorn. The second because ... serves them right. Sounds like the teacher pretty much knew they were being shitheads.

kinda like "they can dish it out but can't take it and run crying to the teacher if someone beats them at their own game"

Comment

Working...
    X