This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equilibrium (spoilers)

I know it's an older movie, but I'm just now watching it.

So really? A puppy? That's what absolutely shatters a lifetime of conditioning? A puppy? I guess at least it wasn't a kitten.

Interesting film though. Shades of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World.

You have to put it in context. Conditioning isn't the right term as that indicates that eventually the effects will become permanent. The drugs that are administered are a suppressant to natural human emotions that lasts only as long as the next dose needs to be administered. In the movie the protagonist had not taken his drug in some time and so the suppression effect wasn't there when the puppy came into play. He was simply behaving as a normal human being (albeit an extremely well trained one) without the suppressant in place.

Now as for the moment of "straw that broke the camel's back" point, that would have to be when he emotionally flat lines without the suppressant.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
      I know it's an older movie, but I'm just now watching it.

So really? A puppy? That's what absolutely shatters a lifetime of conditioning? A puppy? I guess at least it wasn't a kitten.

Interesting film though. Shades of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World.
      Well, no. Really it was his partner breaking and him wanting to see why he did what he did.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
      X