Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sitting here stressing about the blizzard warning about how am I going to make it in for my closing shift and if I take the day off I won't get paid because I don't have any time left and I'd probably lose out on holiday pay because I stayed home. Not to mention the 5000 other things I'm stressing out about most of which require the money that I'd be missing out on.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

And today I am going to do a "Fuck you Mother Nature" of my own.

It is currently 44C outside.

I am going to melt!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        It is currently 44C outside.
        Snerk! It's -14C here. *I* can put on more clothing.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Snow sucks.

That is all.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Snerk! It's -14C here. *I* can put on more clothing.
            And Fireheart can go jump in the pool, drink cold beer, throw ice down her shirt, or do whatever. Or she can stay in with the AC. Or drive somewhere with AC on, without having to worry about snow tires, icy roads, shoveling out the car, etc.

I'd rather be in her boat than yours. Of course, your boat is probably stuck in a frozen lake.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

This coastal desert girl would much rather be keeping Fireheart and Jester company as well.

It's been getting chilly at night with tonight forecast to drop down to freezing. *shivers* Makes me glad that my heater works, and it works well.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This is my back yard before today's snow.

I my snowthrower.

It's a riot watching my dog getting through that.

B
                Last edited by Ree; 02-23-2013, 02:49 AM. Reason: Resized massive image
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Wow, how many feet is that?
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    And Fireheart can go jump in the pool, drink cold beer, throw ice down her shirt, or do whatever. Or she can stay in with the AC. Or drive somewhere with AC on, without having to worry about snow tires, icy roads, shoveling out the car, etc.
                    Or I can soak a washcloth (known as a face washer or flannel) until it's dripping wet, freeze it, then wear it around my neck, down my shirt etc. It works SO well.

The alternative is a frozen towel, which is done with a full-length towel.

A friend of mine recommended these. Unfortunately said friend passed away

Comment

All of you who are having snow... send it my way!

Since I'm one of the very few employees who can get into work in the case of massive snowfall... think of the overtime and extra money! Mwahaha.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've been getting some snow down here in the Chihuahuan desert...

http://imgur.com/6lcVv

It's not much, but boy they're making a big deal out of it.

I didn't leave the house yesterday, as I thought the roads would be an issue. It's still snowing today, but lightly, so I decided to go with my evil minion (he wanted to pick up some groceries) on a drive to town. The one point I was concerned about, 3 miles of winding road at a 5% grade down the mountain, was relatively clear; but when we reached the edge of civilization, we discovered the police had closed the road in our direction.

The trooper there was nice, he offered to let us go get groceries and come back, but we were planning to be out a few hours and weren't sure he wouldn't be replaced with someone more tight-assed. So, we headed back home.

Comment

Well, the weather here is going to be lovely the next few days. Anyone who wants some, I'm willing to share. Jester, Fireheart, I'm looking at you two.
                          Tonight (Sat Night) -7F/-21.6C
                          Sunday 3F/-16.1C
                          Sunday Night -19F/-28.3C
                          Monday -10F/-23.3C
                          Monday night -23/-30.5C
                          Tuesday 2F/-16.6C
                          Tuesday Night -6F/-21.1C

Enjoy.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                            Well, the weather here is going to be lovely the next few days. Anyone who wants some, I'm willing to share. Jester, Fireheart, I'm looking at you two.
                            We've been getting some cool changes down here, so temperatures have dropped.

The average at the moment is somewhere between the high 20's-mid 30's. On rare days it hits above 40C.

Comment

Dear friends up north: please stop sending your cold air down here.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                                Dear friends up north: please stop sending your cold air down here.
                                Same here. We already had a couple of inches of snow last Thursday night - complete with Thundersnow!!!

We're expecting more cold air - tonight is only supposed to be around 28 F, but tomorrow's high is forecasted to be around 32 F and the low tomorrow night around 18 F.

This does not make my arthritis feel good at all. Add lower back pain and spasms to that and I'm a total wreck.

Thursday afternoon can't get here soon enough so I can see my orthopedic doc.

Please, anyone who's tired of warmer weather . . . send some to me.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X