This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross your fingers for me....?

Im so excited, I may have the opportunity to do something ive been wishing for for a long time.

Theres a medical mission trip to Haiti in February, and its kind of short notice but its actually affordable and Id be with people I work with and so am comfortable with. The program sounds pretty awesome and id be able to help in a way that I havent been able to as of yet.

If I can swing my work schedule and not use too much vacay time, it should be actually able to happen.

Please send out some positive energies, prayers and lots o' finger crossings for me please please please. Id love to go and help, plus itd knock out a school project for me.

Positive energy sent your way, prayers sent up and fingers are crossed.
    I have been on a mission trip to Swaziland in 2009 and am going again in March. One of the greatest things I have done. You will love it.

Comment

I have never done anything like that but it sounds amazing. Crossing my fingers that everything will work out for you!

Comment

Sounds totally awesome! I wish you the very best, and please do be careful. Haiti is kinda dangerous still.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Sounds totally awesome! I wish you the very best, and please do be careful. Haiti is kinda dangerous still.
          I just got done reading an article about some Rioting in Port Au Prince /sigh

The group im going with has a continual presence, residence and haitian staff, so Im hoping that will be beneficial in aiding in safey, the fact that its not just a group stopping by, but rather some extra people to aid their own staff and then we go back away. Also we're about 1.5 hours from the capital so there's less chance of trouble, BUT the airport to fly into is in Port Au Prince, so we'll see. If the danger is great, then the trip will not happen. Ill keep my eyeballs out for current events though.

I have til this Friday to tell them for sure. I hope it happens. *good thoughts* Thanks everyone.

Comment

Fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed!
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'll cros my fingers, toes, eyeballs and peni....er...suffice to say, everything that can be crossed is crossed
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                I'll cross my fingers, toes, eyeballs and peni....er...suffice to say, everything that can be crossed is crossed
                Self-induced testicular torsion is a really Dumb Way To Die too.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Genital crossing is not necessary, though greatly appreciated.

So, I'm GOiNG! I'm leaving Feb 13th and staying for a week running a clinic in Montrois, Haiti. My daughter is disappointed that ill be gone for Valentines day, but she understands why I'm going. I'm already having dreams that ill show up in Haiti forgetting my luggage or other important things.

Dusting off the ol' passport.....

Comment

Congrats! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

Also, if you are a rum drinker, and you haven't tried it before, try to get a hold of some Barbancourt Reserve 15 year. Pretty damn tasty.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Plane tickets have been purchased! I'm so excited for this opportunity!

Jester.....I'll keep that in mind. I am not A rum drinker....I'm THE rum drinker (around here anyways....most of my family and friends stick to vodka. psh. newbs. lol )

Comment

YAAAAAY!

Stay safe, Amina.
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I leave in 1 week and 2 days!! I got my vaccinations for thyphoid and Hep A. Also have my marlaria pills and antibitoics for horrible diarrhea. Sounds fun right . I bought one of these too. Tee hee.

Comment

Congrats! I hope you have a good and safe trip.

Comment

Congratulations.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X