Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the freakin' hell is WRONG with drivers in this city??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the freakin' hell is WRONG with drivers in this city??

Wrote this post on May 30. Been driving around thinking, "Hahaha, wouldn't it be funny if my car was hit again ..."

This time it occurred in a supermarket parking lot. Normally in such cases the blame is apportioned 50/50 (or so I've been told) but I'm not sure how that would apply because (a) I was in a clearly marked parking spot, and (b) the car was certainly not moving because I wasn't in it at the time.

On the bright side, I'm getting better at getting info. I got his licence number, name & phone number, & make of vehicle.

He couldn't find his insurance papers ...

OTOH, he did stick around to apologize. He could've hopped into his (big-ass) van (again!!) and just driven off.

The other bright spot is that this close encounter, unlike the last one, left nothing but a few scrapes on the bumper that you really have to look closely to even find. To be honest, if he hadn't stuck around to 'fess up, it's anybody's guess when (or if) I'd have noticed the damage.

I got hit twice in one week last month.

Once was a hit and run. The other was my mom.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Your mom?! That must've been quite the accident scene ...

Hope it was a minor fender-bender and neither of you were injured!

Comment

And if you and mom are on the same insurance....
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          And if you and mom are on the same insurance....
          Not on the same insurance but we keep having the same type of discussion in this house. The lodger and my husband have the same model of car. At least they are different colours so conversations about them can use that to distingush!

Although two of my ex bosses did once have to put in insurance claims on the company insurance... one hit the others car in the parking lot!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            This time it occurred in a supermarket parking lot. Normally in such cases the blame is apportioned 50/50 (or so I've been told) but I'm not sure how that would apply because (a) I was in a clearly marked parking spot, and (b) the car was certainly not moving because I wasn't in it at the time.
            I am pretty sure the 50/50 thing no longer applies in Ontario... but it doesn't matter either way for this case. Since your car was parked the other person is 100% at fault, so you shouldn't be out of pocket.

Hmmm... a couple more of these and it'll be like having your own, personal smash up derby!
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

My mom backed into a spot on my car that I bought with a scratch already on it.

I was able to go to O'Reily's, match the paint code, and my brother fixed both spots.

I'm not getting a hold of insurance for either one. Thankfully, the first moron who hit me had a huge plastic bumper guard, so all they did was leave a few paint chips on my bumper, my mom just left more of a scratch.

Dammit, my insurance just went down and I'm finally 5 years accident free on there.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've had the scenario with both family members on insurance

Dad vs mum. Dad backed into mum's car
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X