Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely the sheets should be changed between guests! If you don't have a spare set, wash the sheets and remake the bed. It's just good manners, says that you care about your guests.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wolfie, I don't see those people anymore, but that's an interesting suggestion anyway. I have no idea where they got the sheets they used. I suspect they just used the next size up.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't have a guest bed but I wash the sheets after someone uses them to crash on the airmattress and/or couches
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Fitted sheets are very particular about the size of the mattress they are fitted to. Plain sheets should be easy to fit to a strangely-sized mattress if they are a little oversize, but you have to know how to fit them properly - an art which may have been lost for many people.

Comment

I don't have a guest bed (and I would feel sorry for anyone staying with us any time soon aha, their choices right now would be the floor or our extremely shitty couch that's literally shored up with plywood), but on the off chance that I did, I would at least wash/change the sheets between guests. If one person was visiting one day and then visited another day, I might not, because lack of spoons, but if a different person visited, I would do my best.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

IMO, a friend of someone with spoons issues* should be understanding of those issues. Of course, then you have situations like our friend A, who also has spoons problems... :wry:

Still, a healthy friend of someone with spoons problems should be happy to help change the sheets. She's come to visit the friend, not the friend's shinycleanhouse.

* For those new to the concept; 'spoons' comes from "Spoons Theory", and is a unit of ability-to-function, used by many people with chronic illnesses or disabilities.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                Fitted sheets are very particular about the size of the mattress they are fitted to. Plain sheets should be easy to fit to a strangely-sized mattress if they are a little oversize, but you have to know how to fit them properly - an art which may have been lost for many people.
                But not me!!!

Though most hospitals use fitted sheets now. Still, I remember how to do it. It's actually not that hard.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Thank you for posting the spoon theory!! I put it as my facebook status to give people a better idea of what I go through, though I do have many more spoons than someone with lupus does. And to answer the question, I change my own sheets twice a month, but for guests I'd do it right after they leave.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                  X